What's new

Father's Day Scotch

Gents- If you could have one bottle of scotch for Father's Day, under $70, what would it be? I'm having a hard time deciding what to tell the wife!

Whatever! :thumbup:
I quite like Japanese Whiskeys, but it really varies on taste mate. I like Yamazaki 12year, and a few others.
Probably would recommend having a look for a whisky tasting near you (don't know if that is a thing on your side of the pond). That way you can figure out what you like, rather than spending money on a bottle that may not be to your tastes.

Last edited:
Balvenie 12 year old Doublewood
or
Balvenie 14 year old Caribbean Cask.
proxy.php

Balvenie 12 year old Doublewood
or
Balvenie 14 year old Caribbean Cask.
proxy.php
The Caribbean Cask is Delicious. As is the 15yo. If you like peat Laphroaig 18 for refinement or Ardbeg Uigedahl (a bit more aggressive). For Sherry Glendronach 12 and Cask Strength are great.

Japanese Not a scotch, I really like the Nikka Coffey Grain.

Bourbon, Four Roses Single Barrel

Taste is so subjective, not only do you have to appreciate the flavor profile you have to be in the mood for that particular profile.

Auchentoshan 12 year or Auchentoshan 3 Wood.

Make your wife aware that there could be some Scotch sticker shock. Our friends in the East have been gobbling up Scotch, including stockpiling and starting investment funds with the exact purpose of gobbling up certain vintages. I was a huge fan of Oban, but the last trip to the liquor store educated me on new Scotch pricing. $105 a bottle for Oban. I used to buy it for $60. It was what I always drank after preparing my taxes every year. Actually, my consumption after preparing my taxes likely helped drive up the price of Oban :001_rolle

Compass Box Flaming Heart. It might be a little more than $70 but is is a blended malt, but an amazing one. Composed of all single malt scotch with a majority of it being Coal Ila and some 30 year old coal ila. If you are a single malt guy that is against blends, try this one and I bet you will have a different opinion.

If not I would get whatever bottle of Springbank I can afford, its darn good stuff.

Top Bottom