What's new

Fathers day gift

So my step dad wanted a mug and brush set (look like shotgun shells) so I figured he needed a SR to go with it. Started with an Engels with rotting scales. Hand sanded w/d 600, 800, 1k, 1500, 2500, and 3000. Finished up with MAAS. Now to come up with scale ideas...
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

After MAAS. Now on to the scales. Something gun themed I think.
proxy.php

IMG_1472.JPG

I have made game calls from old beat up gun stocks and forearms. Could be really nice if you could keep the checkering intact. I have found ones similar to these in the discount bins at my local gun stores or gunsmith shop.

You might even be able to use old butt plates.

I like the butt plate idea! I wasn't thinking that creative. I was just thinking of in setting a shell casing into the wood. On the search for butt plates!

Update: I cannot find a butt plate long enough so I'm back to the drawing board.

Update: I cannot find a butt plate long enough so I'm back to the drawing board.

Darn, using part of a forearm or stock is still an option. Or inlaying the base of a rifle or pistol shell. Perhaps a nickel plated casing?

Finally finished! Just a little late but I gave him the shave set on Father's Day and told him the last piece hadn't showed up yet. This was my first start to finish resto and definitely had some learning curves. Overall, I'm happy with the results. Once again, thanks for all the suggestions and help.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom