What's new

Fathers Day gift recommendation please

Hi!
What would be a fathers days worthy upgrade bottle for a man who typically drinks Scoresby and Dewers?
Hopefully something I can find at a major US grocery store. Thanks!

if you like gin and martini's I got a bottle of Hendricks midsummer solstice , it makes the best drinks even if it's just straight or on ice. thank you son!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What would be a fathers days worthy upgrade bottle for a man who typically drinks Scoresby and Dewers?

Two bottles of Dewar's?

Some guys who like drinking "the cheap stuff" don't like, notice, and/or value the differences between their daily drink and "the good stuff". Kind of like putting "premium" gasoline in a car that does best on "regular" and there's no benefit for spending the extra $$.

So first question is ... does the recipient even have an interest in an "upgrade bottle"? So, if he does have that interest, I know that Dewar's makes some "more premium" offerings, with a 12, 15, and 18 "age statement" bottlings. No idea about Scoresby. But getting him a "Dewar's 18" when he's a "regular Dewar's" drinker is kind of like getting the "Johnnie Walker Red" guy a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black ... the obvious "upgrade" that he'll know and appreciate as such.

Top Bottom