What's new

Father-son shave discussion

Have something I want to share. Tonight while preping my face for my nightly shave, my 5 year old son came in and asked what I was doing. I got to explain how I was preparing my face and even got to tell him about where my razor came from. He actually stood there and listened. Now with the shaving lesson over, I only have to worry about the OTHER talk I have to have with him in the future.

Have something I want to share. Tonight while preping my face for my nightly shave, my 5 year old son came in and asked what I was doing. I got to explain how I was preparing my face and even got to tell him about where my razor came from. He actually stood there and listened. Now with the shaving lesson over, I only have to worry about the OTHER talk I have to have with him in the future.

I think that's one of the most important things a father can do for any of his kids. Talk to them and give them direction. Doesn't matter how touchy the subject but interact and talk with them will repay itself over and over in the future. Don't worry about those future conversations yet to come, they will come soon enough. For now just enjoy talking to your kid about something light hearted like shaving. Enjoy. Time goes by quick and kids grow too fast.

Lol. I know. I also have a 1 year old son. It occurred to me later I better have 2 vintage razors to pass down to keep them both happy.

Lol. I know. I also have a 1 year old son. It occurred to me later I better have 2 vintage razors to pass down to keep them both happy.

I have done just that. My first (and only) DE is a Muhle R89. I bought three of them so that my two sons can shave with the same razor as their old man when the time comes (they are 6 and 3 years old).

I have to decide if I need to buy new ones or vintage. I will also need to find them shoe shine kits too. I need to shop around for new ones first I guess.

I saw a lovely thread on here a little while back where a guy had ended up in the same position as you, so had given his son a full face of lather and an unloaded razor to copy Daddy while he shaved.

My son is 5.5 yrs old and he loves to "shave with dad". I give him a brush and he makes lather in a scuttle and then paints on his face, he just loves it :) I give him a razor without a blade and he "shaves". I heard him talking with his friends that he and his daddy shaved together in the morning :)

My son at that age (now 26 with a daughter on the way) shaved with a spoon.

I'm in the process of finding birth year / decade razors of him / me / father and father-in-law. They'll be his someday (with his birth year razor to be a gift soon).

LOL he'll learn THAT from his friends before you ever get around to that discussion :facep:

Top Bottom