What's new

FS Fatboys; Aristocrat; Straight Razors; Old Spice Soap; Super Adjustables; Slim; Sheraton; Super Speeds ALL AFFORDABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
It's been about two years and it is time to clean house. All razors are in working condition have been lightly cleaned and polished. There may be more polishing/cleaning needed, to meet your standards.

Send me a message if you want more photos, I'll be happy to oblige.

Thanks everyone,

Matt

1. F-4 Gillette Fatboy 1960: This razor is in great condition, no plate loss to speak of, nice and shiny! $50
2. F-3 Gillette Fatboy 1960: This razor has a little plate loss on the handle and some plate loss and light pitting on the silo doors. Should be a good daily shaver, not a show piece. $30
3. E-2 Gillette Fatboy 1959: This razor is a little dull, minimal plate loss on the handle, minor plate loss and light pitting on the silo doors and safety bar. Should b a fine daily shaver. $25
4. Salem Markos & Bros. American Line S.S. St. Louis, 6/8 1/2-3/4 Hollow: This razor is in fine shape, it is not currently shave ready, but I can hone it for the buyer if needed. There is minimal light pitting on the show side, the etch is is still bright and unmarred by pitting/rust. The reverse side could be lightly sanded for a mirror finish, but it is has a similar condition to the show side. Very minimal hone wear. $45
5. Henckels Platinum 5/8 Shorty 1/2-3/4 Hollow: This razor takes a very keen edge. It has a shave ready edge, finished on an Escher. It is a shorty as mentioned and was well done. No major pitting or condition issues. Great starter razor. $25
6. Waterville High Grade 5/8 1/2 Hollow: Takes a great edge, and has a nice thumb notch, feels great in hand while shaving. It is shave ready, with an Escher edge. $30
7. V-3 Gillette Super Adjustable 1975: Great condition with just a tiny amount of very light pitting on on silo cap, otherwise looks fantastic. $27
8. I-1 Gillette Slim 1963: Very good condition, could use a little more polishing to really bring out a bright shine. $25
9. O-2 Gillette Long Handle Super Adjustable 1969: Plating looks good, there is a little light enamel loss on the handle Overall very nice. $30
10. Dovo Hollow Ground, M. West Germany, 6/8 1/2 hollow: Has a little rust in the pivot, not currently shave ready, but I can hone it for the buyer if needed. Has a few minimal spots of corrosion, would clean up really well if you put a little time into it. $50
11. Bismarck W/ Aluminum Scales, 4/8 full hollow: Takes a really nice edge and it is shave ready with an Escher finish. It has some light pitting toward the toe on the show side and the same on the reverse side. Very clean starter razor $30.
12. Boker Edelweiss 5/8 full hollow: Pretty razor with a nice etch. It is not shave ready and appears to have a very slight frown which can be fixed pretty easily. Very minimal pitting, just a tiny bit on the show side toward the toe and on the tail a tiny bit on the reverse side as well. Pins are a little loose, can tighten if you need. $45
13. S.R. Droescher Peter Hahn 4/8 Shorty Full Hollow: It is barely a shorty, but it is modified for sure, but has very low mileage. The tang is hammered and blued there are just a couple small pits on the show side and one on the reverse(Character). It is not shave ready, but can be honed if needed. $27
14. Wade & Butcher Patent Frame back razor, 6/8: for the most part pretty clean, it looks like someone in the past cleaned it up and removed most of the etch off of the blade, but otherwise it looks nice. There is a touch of rust on the top of the tang should be quickly removed with light paper and some polish. The brass frame is in good condition, it shows wear but still looks great. I'm making this one cheap, its not my style. It is not shave ready and I'm not too keen on honing it, but I'll try if you'd like. Comes with original Coffin $30
15. Grahm and Plumacher Blue Diamond 5/8 full hollow: Razor will take a killer edge, I own several variants of this razor made by this maker and they all shave beautifully. This one is not shave ready, but I will hone it if needed by the buyer. It does have light pitting toward the toe on both sides and toward the heel on the show side. Overall wear is minimal. $30
16. X-4 Cased Bakelite Gillette Tech: box is in great condition, with the exception of EU written in the corner. It appears that the razor was used once or that just one blade was used from the Gillette blue blade pack(Still wrapped in plastic). $30
17. Gem Damaskeene: In my opinion, the best GEM razor made. This on is in good condition, there is some plate loss on the handle, but the head is great condition. Great intro razor to GEM's. $22
18. Schick Krona: Nice looking Schick Krona, only condition issue to speak of is that it lost the glued on side caps on the silo Doors. Not really much of loss, but this was a common issue with these razors. Should shave great. $18
19. Gillette New Goodwill 1931-1932 THIN BAR HANDLE: Well, this Goodwill is not in original condition due to severe gold loss. So I took it to the buffer and shined it up, I think it looks great and it will shave great. There are a few scratches in the top cap, but for a 89 year old razor, in the nude, it still looks pretty good. It comes with the relatively rare thin bar handle. I don't see a ton of them, that's for sure. $28
20. Gillette Old Type: This old guy was suffering from severe plate loss just like #19, I polished her up really well. No scratches or dings to speak of. It looks like the handle was assembled upside down at some point, the lettering for the patent is upside down under the head, instead of above the ball. $22
21. Gillette Sheraton: This old girl has been through a little bit and it is coming to you at a bargain. It does have some scratches on one of the silo doors. They will not interfere with the shave, but they are slightly unsightly. Should be an interesting restoration project. Other than plate loss on the silo doors it operates smoothly and looks good otherwise. $28
22. B-1 Gillette Red Tip Super Speed 1956: Razor is in standard user condition, The paint on the tip is at about 50%(easy restoration project) and the handle has a small amount of plate loss, but should shine up better if you take some time on it. The razor head is in good with the exception of brassing under the head. $26
23. Ever Ready 1924 AKA Shovelhead W/ Case: Don't know a ton about this razor, but it does come with a travel box. and it is in good shape, no plate loss to speak of. I never used it. $15
24. Gillette 40's Super speed #1: Solid super speed, very little plate loss on the handle otherwise looks great user condition. $15
25. Gillette 40's Super speed #2: Has some plate loss on the handle, a tiny amount on the silo doors, Mid-range user grade razor $12
26. Gillette 40's Super speed #3: Handle is in good shape, some plate loss, a few pits on the silo doors, again, Mid-Range user condition. $12
27. D-3 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1958: With the exception of a few spots of plate loss on the handle, this razor is in great shape, it is one with the straight line design. $15
28. B-2 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1956: Tiny amount of plate loss on the handle an a few small pits on the silo doors, with some plate loss on the safety bar. mid-range user condition. $12
29. J-4 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1964: No noticeable plate loss looks good overall. $15
30. K-1 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1965: fair amount of plate loss on the handle and TTO some pitting on silo doors and safety bar, still fair to use. $9
31. Schick Type L Injector: Fantastic razor if you've never used one, I love mine. This one is in good condition, one little pit on the back, barely noticeable. $14
32. Gem Feather weights X4: Let me know and I'll add this to your order for $4 a piece or buy them all for $12.
33. Gillette Aristocrat Cased:
In good condition, the head is missing just a little gold 95%. The case is in good condition, missing a little spot of leather at the back right corner of the top, the interior is in great condition. $55
34. Old Spice Shaving Mug Refill: NIB OS $22
35. Old Spice Shaving mug with Soap: NIB OS $50

Thanks for looking Everyone! As I'm Posting late in the evening, I will respond in the morning, first come first serve.

Best wishes,

Matt
IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg
IMG_5639.jpg
IMG_5640.jpg

Last edited:
All Sold pending funds
1. F-4 Gillette Fatboy 1960
34. Old Spice Shaving Mug Refill: NIB OS $22
35. Old Spice Shaving mug with Soap: NIB OS $50
29. J-4 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1964
14. Wade & Butcher Patent Frame back razor, 6/8
13. S.R. Droescher Peter Hahn 4/8 Shorty Full Hollow:

So much good stuff and generous too! Alas I'm too late for the frameback.

For anyone on the fence:
* that Dovo looks to be nearly unused and I'd bet it's way better than a new "best quality"
* the Plumacher is special, I think maybe it's a certain balance in the way they grind them or something but ya, they make good stuff
* everyone should grab one of the Featherweights if they don't have one already, it's like the Tech of Gems and handy for the first couple shaves on a fresh blade as they need to be tamed a bit if you don't cork them

BELOW ARE SOLD
1. F-4 Gillette Fatboy 1960 = Sold Pending Funds
2. F-3 Gillette Fatboy 1960
3. E-2 Gillette Fatboy 1959 = Sold Pending Funds
5. Henckels Platinum 5/8 Shorty 1/2-3/4 Hollow
7. V-3 Gillette Super Adjustable 1975
9. O-2 Gillette Long Handle Super Adjustable 1969
14. Wade & Butcher Patent Frame back razor, 6/8
15. Grahm and Plumacher Blue Diamond 5/8 full hollow = Sold Pending Funds
17. Gem Damaskeene
21. Gillette Sheraton
29. J-4 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1964