What's new

Fatboy

Hi Guys, I'm new to wet shaving and recently purchased a Fayboy. I've noticed that the blade gap seems to be really small on this razor and was wondering if you guys had an input on if this correct. This is the blade gap on setting 9. Let me know if you need any more photos.

I've also noticed that the razor doesn't stand on it's end if the bottom knob is tightened all the way. It will wobble a bit.

Thanks, I read through that post and have it soaking now. It seems like the razor is stuck on setting 1 and the adjustment plate can move up and down however the adjustment dial doesn't do cause it to go up.

R

romsitsa

Hello, if the dial is on 9 it's not stuck on 1, it's underclocked. If you push in the spring, the adjustment dial can spin freely. Looks like someone turned it all the way down.

R

romsitsa

Push the spring in with a toothpick and turn the dial to the right until the gap looks ok and the razor will adjust, release the spring. Start with a full turn, but it could take more than one.

Where is the spring located on the razor? The bottom? If it is the bottom, how far do I have to push it in? With the doors open?

Top Bottom