What's new

Fatboy vs Slim on E-Bay (they were not open to my asistance)

Although I have only been at this DE business for a few months... I can tell the difference between a Fatboy and a Slim. This morning I saw an E-Bay offering of a "Fatboy" that was clearly a Slim. The seller had all positive feedback and was also selling a couple of other DE's.

I figured they just missed this and wrote them, politely, pointing out the error. They responded saying it was a Fatboy because the handle was short. I then sent them pictures of my Fatboy and Slim next to one another and pointed out the differences in the twist to open and setting control areas. I also added a picture of their offering next to my Slim picture.

It appears absolutely obvious that their offering matched the Slim... not the Fatboy. None the less... some 8 hours later it remains advertised as a Fatboy. It may be that there is a lot of badness in the world.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I have seen Techs listed as “Fatboys”. People who don’t know anything about razors at least have heard of Fatboys. Sounds like the seller you contacted is being deliberately duplicitous. Maybe he thinks it’ll sell for more money if he calls it a Fatboy.

No u make him pay after u've gotten it saying its negligent misrepresentation. But then get it for $5-10 lol.

Not worth the postage lol
I've never used E-bay, so I don't know the steps your talking of, or how it would cost $5-10.

I've never used E-bay, so I don't know the steps your talking of, or how it would cost $5-10.

U didn't hear this from me lol.

Get the item. Take pics of the items upon receipt then complain to seller that itens not as advertised n that u'll complain to ebay tts its negligent misrepresentation.
Offer 2 options, 1 full refund plus shipping or 2 u'll buy the item still but only for $10 and seller refunds the difference cos items not as advertised. That'll teach em.

I've seen this happen on ebay a BUNCH of times, always reached out to the seller to correct them. I've always gotten a thanks in return, and the item was corrected. So either this guy is lying through his teeth hoping to score money off of someone who doesn't know any better, or he is just willfully ignorant.

Fatboys tend to go for more money than other vintage Gilettes. Maybe they were listing it as a Fatboy in order to get more money for it.

Here’s my near mint Goodwill razor I picked up in a Cooper case. So sometimes it works in the buyers favour. Some are ignorant of what they have and others are trying to misrepresent to make a buck. I’ve seen it a few times on eBay.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Mistakes do occur both ways. A few months ago, some poor bloke sold a Red Dot Fatboy for $9.99. The guy who bought it (NOT me) then listed it for sale a few days later for 10X that amount.

Fatboys bring more $, so auction sellers will list any old razor and call it one.

Buyer beware.

Also, note how many times no pics of razor head. That is where the wear shows.

Here’s my near mint Goodwill razor I picked up in a Cooper case. So sometimes it works in the buyers favour. Some are ignorant of what they have and others are trying to misrepresent to make a buck. I’ve seen it a few times on eBay.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hadn't seen a goodwill before. The head has a certain art deco vibe to me. Me Likes :) :thumbsup:
U didn't hear this from me lol.

Get the item. Take pics of the items upon receipt then complain to seller that itens not as advertised n that u'll complain to ebay tts its negligent misrepresentation.
Offer 2 options, 1 full refund plus shipping or 2 u'll buy the item still but only for $10 and seller refunds the difference cos items not as advertised. That'll teach em.

Thanks, I might do if I ever spot a birth quarter "Fatboy". I have a Slim, don't need two :)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Not everyone on the bay knows what they have there is a whole thread here on B&B about
razors with the base plate upside down .

Mistakes do occur both ways. A few months ago, some poor bloke sold a Red Dot Fatboy for $9.99. The guy who bought it (NOT me) then listed it for sale a few days later for 10X that amount.

You reap what you sow or in modern language what goes around comes around

Top Bottom