What's new

Fatboy vs Slim on E-Bay (they were not open to my asistance)

Have had the same experience, ( E-Bay) and informed the seller (in this case was a she) told me she would correct it when she got home but didn't do anything about it. I did not bid on it because of this. So it can work as a disadvantage to the seller also. And since have noticed many mistakes, (or on purpose) since.

I have seen Techs listed as “Fatboys”. People who don’t know anything about razors at least have heard of Fatboys. Sounds like the seller you contacted is being deliberately duplicitous. Maybe he thinks it’ll sell for more money if he calls it a Fatboy.

+1! Caveat emptor!! :a19::a19:

They are not selling to the B&B crowd!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Mistakes do occur both ways. A few months ago, some poor bloke sold a Red Dot Fatboy for $9.99. The guy who bought it (NOT me) then listed it for sale a few days later for 10X that amount.
Wish I would have gotten that one after my ordeal with the other guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've got one and that is nice enough for me... sold on the Rockwell 6S for now. Thanks.
(although I do seem to favor the Slim over the Fatboy).

In this case the name Fatboy is being used to get views and they have no qualms about misrepresenting it in the sale either. Point proved by your helpful info freely given and then ignored by the seller.

Honest sellers will always correct a listing identification error when they are made aware of it.

I have only pointed out one error to a seller that I actually bought a different item from. He had a Schick Injector listed and the description was wrong(can't remember what was wrong with it) as I have the exact same Schick. He was thankful for the information. It didn't stop me from buying from him. I just didn't didn't want to tell him that he had it listed for at least 3X what it was worth but it was in pristine condition though.

I was just searching through the bay last night thinking about picking up something for myself vintage wise and I would spend hours sending out messages to sellers about their errors. Doesn't hurt to message the seller for more photos or questions. Messaged one last night over a listing for some vintage OS Cologne. Was a good deal but the listing didn't say if there it contained cologne or not. Well when it is a good deal you need to know. Got a response that it was a third full and the price reflected it. I moved on. For those sellers that don't respond or won't change the description I don't just won't buy from them.

Top Bottom