What's new

Fatboy repair.

I bought a F series Fatboy, with the pressed in tto end cap. It was sold for part/repairs. It came with the t-bar out, and doors off. The rest of the razor is assembled, and seems to be in very good condition.
My problem is that one of the doors is toast. One of the tabs that is on it is broken off and missing.
Question, what other tto razors have interchangeable doors with the fatboys? It's just too nice of condition to rip apart and part out.
Another rescue project of mine.

I have no repair experience or expertise but I recall a thread where a member said replaced Fat Boy doors with doors from a 40's Superspeed. Everyone thought it was cool.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Schick Krona doors fit and work well, there's a thread here somewhere detailing that. Good luck!

Didn't Cap repair a broken door pin? Thought he fabricated a new one and soldered it in place. Try checking his reassembly thread.

Didn't Cap repair a broken door pin? Thought he fabricated a new one and soldered it in place. Try checking his reassembly thread.

Yes, but the pins are fine on mine. The door has a broken off and missing section the pins go into. The door is unrepairable, I'm afraid. It's a shame, because it looks nice and shiney. I can't figure out how someone could damage a door like that, and not do damage elsewhere.

Schick Krona doors fit and work well, there's a thread here somewhere detailing that. Good luck!

If I did that, I would have to trash a Schick Krona. That would be a last resort.
Thanks for that suggestion. I thought it was a cool fix when the thread came out.

Top Bottom