What's new

Fatboy Price - Are these people on crack or what?

I've been paying attention to case Fatboys of late as well...expect to pay a pretty penny. You can find very nice, clean, shave quality ones on this site regularly for a lot less.

Do you want it for your shelf or your bathroom? If its the latter...ask around on this site.

And be careful of posting live auction data! And welcome to B&B if I haven't said so already.

If you want to get top dollar on e-bay follow this sellers example.
It's well presented with clear pictures, it's in excellent condition and most of all it's complete.
It's got the case and the blade dispenser.
Too many seller post bleary pictures and wonder why their auctions don't get many bids.

R

rainman

There appears to be a ding on one of the doors in three different pictures. There also appears to be some scratching on the doors. I know that sometimes reflection can look like brassing but it really does look like there is brassing inside the silo doors. The black paint almost looks too good like its repainted. Seller has admitted that the case does not latch.

This is why I love the B/S/T! Whether you want it for use or as a shelf queen you can find what you need here and you will save money! The B&B Gentlemen helping Gentlemen.

Does anyone know if those are the right blades for that set? In the wiki, the photo shows blades in a blue/whaite case, but I don't know what they are. I just snagged a pretty nice E4 Fatboy and case, and would like to match the right blades with it.

Cooncatbob you are right on about this seller.
Clearly he did his best to present a product in a professional manor with great photos etc. Presentation is everything in the marketing world. This is a good example of that. Of course it did not hurt that he was selling a killer kit. :001_tt1:

Does anyone know if those are the right blades for that set? In the wiki, the photo shows blades in a blue/whaite case, but I don't know what they are. I just snagged a pretty nice E4 Fatboy and case, and would like to match the right blades with it.
Those are correct dispenser for 1960 I believe, tho most of the pic I have seen have the Fatboy with the later Super Blue case. Blues were common with Fatboys, Slim Adjustables received a mix of Blues and Super Stainless (also super silver), depending on the date of MFG.

Achim's site is always an excellent reference:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Adjustable/Adjustable.htm

Last edited:
This is why I love the B/S/T! Whether you want it for use or as a shelf queen you can find what you need here and you will save money! The B&B Gentlemen helping Gentlemen.

Gentlemen, give in to my WTB! Do it! Become enablers or RAD!

Lol, that aside, a really nice E-4 Fat Boy went today, cased, nearly perfect condition, with original instructions and blades STILL WRAPPED for $57. I know, because I got sniped at $56 with one second on the clock. Oh well...didn't need the damn thing anyway, but it sure was nice.

Gentlemen, give in to my WTB! Do it! Become enablers or RAD!

Lol, that aside, a really nice E-4 Fat Boy went today, cased, nearly perfect condition, with original instructions and blades STILL WRAPPED for $57. I know, because I got sniped at $56 with one second on the clock. Oh well...didn't need the damn thing anyway, but it sure was nice.
I''ll sell it to you for $60 . . . . :001_tongu

(kidding, I didn't buy it)

A note of caution, sir. If that's a live auction, you're not allowed to post those here...

My apologies, I didnt realise that. Should possibly read the rules again. No harm was intended, I just couldnt believe the price hike compared with my searches here for similar products.

Auctions by there very nature can be unpredictable which is what makes them so exciting of frustrating depending if you win or loose. Bottom line is that items are worth what someone is willing to pay. Market forces at work. My 0.02 worth.

Top Bottom