What's new

Fatboy in the mail!!

Found this on the bay for 50€, finally received it this morning after a loooong wait.
Very surprised by the great condition, I was not expecting that. [emoji4]
Any recommendations on the cleaning, maybe lubricating the mechanics?
I’ve a bottle of Barbicide, which is still very unclear for me if I should use it or not...

Cheers!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would use some hot, but not boiling water, and some dish washing liquid for bubbles. Give it a soak for ten minutes and maybe a gentle scrub with a soft toothbrush. Dry with a soft cloth, a drop of light mineral oil to lubricate the mechanism if you like and you are good to go in my opinion. It looks pretty clean so, for me at least, nothing else is required and I would not bother with Barbicide. Some will think differently, to the point of using bleach, irradiation and autoclaves; it is very much a personal choice and opinions vary greatly. Enjoy your razor. 👍

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I would use some hot, but not boiling water, and some dish washing liquid for bubbles. Give it a soak for ten minutes and maybe a gentle scrub with a soft toothbrush. Dry with a soft cloth, a drop of light mineral oil to lubricate the mechanism if you like and you are good to go in my opinion. It looks pretty clean so, for me at least, nothing else is required and I would not bother with Barbicide. Some will think differently, to the point of using bleach, irradiation and autoclaves; it is very much a personal choice and opinions vary greatly. Enjoy your razor. 👍
Sound advice.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Found this on the bay for 50€, finally received it this morning after a loooong wait.
Very surprised by the great condition, I was not expecting that. [emoji4]
Any recommendations on the cleaning, maybe lubricating the mechanics?
I’ve a bottle of Barbicide, which is still very unclear for me if I should use it or not...

Cheers!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That there's purdy!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Unless your flash washed it out, that appears to be gold. If so that would make it an Executive Adjustable. ie a gold fatboy.
No, the knurling on an Executive is quite different than the one pictured. It’s either nickel or a gold replate.

Haven’t a clue what exact model that is, it appears to be a 1961 (G2)... Anyway... Always wanted a Fatboy and this one looks great!!
50€ is a more than fair price [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R

romsitsa

Some solder and nickel visible, so it’s more like a pretty good stripping job and not a replate.

Adam

It’s stripped and polished. Nice job done by seller. You can keep it in the raw or have it replated.

Another option is to simply clean very well, polish and brush on some Protectaclear. Protectaclear makes recommendations for what polish to use. I remember it is not Flitz for sure. If you put Protectaclear on it, it is very easy to get off and you can always have it replated later if you want.

Congratulations! That looks beautiful. If it were me, I would get an extra fine brush and some testors enamel paint and fill in those numbers in black (or go nuts and do dark red). Flitz polish is great but not necessary. I like it because it creates a nice barrier. However, it's gone after a month or two.

Congratulations! That looks beautiful. If it were me, I would get an extra fine brush and some testors enamel paint and fill in those numbers in black (or go nuts and do dark red). Flitz polish is great but not necessary. I like it because it creates a nice barrier. However, it's gone after a month or two.
yes to the black enamel.
Wow, never thought of red numbers. I like the idea

Top Bottom