mswofford

Rest in Peace
Fatboy D3 on 6
Wilkinson NOS Super Sword Edge (23)
Simpson Harvard H4
Tabac
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
$razors 065.jpg

I busted out the Jolly Green Giant today. I've been using some DORCO ST-300s the past few days. My folliculitis is really bad on my scalp (started antibiotics yesterday), so the slightly duller blades help me to keep the nicks at a bare minimum. Only nicked 3 bumps today, which isn't bad considering the severity of my infection. I finally finished up the TOBS cream that I picked up in a PIF back in July. It's a good cream. The scent isn't bad, but it's not my favorite. I also tried adding a few drops of glycerine to my 1/4 bottle of Clubman. I don't really notice a difference yet, so I may need to add a couple more drops.

1960 F2 Captain Murphy Custom set on 11 with a DORCO ST-300
TOBS Shaving Shop Cream with TGN Super Badger
Finished up with Pinaud Clubman Original

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Fatboy D3 on 6
Wilkinson NOS Super Sword Edge (27)
Simpson Harvard H4
Tabac
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Fatboy F3 on 7
Feather (1)
brand new whipped dog silvertip 24/52
mitchel's wool fat - sample from larry at whipped dog
alum block
arko max comfort asb

Today was a good day...

Fatboy Friday for Mike.

Fatboy F3 on 5
Astra SP (4)
Omega Pro 49
Razorock P.160
Arko Maximum Comfort aftershave cream

My first Fatboy Friday in a while. I've been enjoying my other new adjustables, the Progress and the Futur.

7/17/2015 B&B 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY HEAD SOTD

Hard to believe I've been a member of this fine forum for a year now. Thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable.

Neutrogena wash, cold towel soak, and Corn Husker's Lotion prep
Stirling Barbershop soap head lathered with Omega S brush
Fatboy at 11 (Fatboy Friday) with fresh Astra SP blade
2 Pass CCS (WTG, XTG)
Hot shower, cold rinse, and Tend Skin to finish

proxy.php

I've been feeling a little guilty about neglecting my Fatboys lately as I have been building my collection of SE's and straights also a NDC super speed. So I decided to break out my first fatboy actually my first DE. I picked this little beauty up at the first antique store I checked after getting sick of paying for M3 carts and starting to look into old fashion wet shaving. It was the only DE in the shop and cost me a whole $2.50 I wasn't even sure what it was But it looked cool and was cheap enough.

F-1 set on 9
Feather new
VDH scented luxury
VDH Boar brush
Generic witch hazel

I shaved both face and head 2 passes on face and head plus quick cleanup 3 plus cleanup on neck. I got a no irritation BBS even on the neck. I think this is the first time I got a BBS on the neck with no irritation, I did get a couple small weepers but not bad at all. I really do love the Fatboy and will try to keep posting on Fridays and show you my other 2 of them.
$DSCF7709.jpg
$DSCF7708.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fatboy F1 set on 9 Feather (1 face 1 head shave)

2 passes on face and head plus cleanup 3 plus cleanup on neck. Very nice BBS in 20 min. I don't know why people say these are overrated I've never been sorry I picked it up.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Today's weapon of choice was my 59 E-1. It is my third, and the roughest of my trio. It is a flea market find and was absolutely filthy when I found it almost black. Both TTO and adjuster were a little sticky, but still moved. I had to grab it after all I have spent more on lunch at a fast food joint. After cleanup I found it a little brassing on the doors, the paint is almost completely gone from the numbers, the black ring is now copper, the red indicator is pale pink and there is a small flat spot on the TTO knob. Where it must have been dropped. But everything that matters is still straight as an arrow and everything operates as smooth as silk, and it shined up nicely.

I popped in a new Lab Blue, set it to 9, and I was off. I did both face and head. Two passes plus cleanup and I'm BBS with no blood or irritation. The whole thing took 25 min. How can you argue with that.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• $DSCF7821.jpg
    $DSCF7821.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom