What's new

Fatboy Friday!

20220804_191046-01.jpeg
I loaded a Shark Super Stainless (8) into my trustworthy Fatboy this a.m. and crancked her up on setting 9 wtg and 6 atg. A beautiful and efficient shave, as easy as a bbs shave on 18 hours worth of growth can be. No nicks or irritation, just a lovely shave!

Happy Fatboy Friday 😀

3DD9485D-9D8E-46BF-BEEE-0F0FECB588B4.jpeg

Fatboy Friday!

Soap: Stirling Eucalyptus Mint
Brush: Omega Jade
Razor: 1960 Gillette 195 Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum dark blue (1)

A smooth, comfortable, and cooling shave after another hot muggy day. Went for middle of the road on the Fatboy (5) and pulled out a fresh Platinum, which I’ve kinda forgotten about recently, yet they’re one of the smoothest shaving blades I own. Two passes plus touch ups with no injuries or tugging. Considering this razor came to me bent and out of adjustment and not especially clean, I’m pretty happy with the rehab job I did on it, and it shaves like a champ.

DFS

10/10

08/12/22

Fatboy Friday

Preshave: Warm Shower
Brush: M&F Heritage II Hybrid Bicolor L7
Bowl: Face Lathered
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum Classic tallow
Razor: 1959 Gillette Fatboy w7-x9-a5
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel
Splash, Balm, and Frag: Fine Accoutrements Platinum, Neutragena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Rating: 9.8 darn near BBS

full

After the blood letting from Tuesday I decided to start this Fatboy Friday on 7 for the WTG pass. I wasn’t satisfied with the closeness of the first pass so I raised the setting to 9. XTG opened some red from Tuesday, but, only a crosshair of weepers on my Adam’s Apple. ATG I dialed it back to 5. The little crosshair took a nick match to stem. Alum burned a bit, and, witch hazel was soothing. I waited quite a while for After Shave, but, it was a pleasant burn. Ten minutes later I applied the Platinum balm. Finally after everything was dry I applied a layer of Neutragena Hydro Boost to my whole face. The results of today’s shave was Darn Near BBS. My chin and jawline have a bit of scruff ATG, but, you have to hunt for it in spots. This shave was more efficient than several of my last Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB shaves. For people that have a problem with vintage razors should think about that for a minute. This razor cost me with a Tuneup less than a Lupo. No replating. Just cleaned, polished, and, adjusted. Best shave since the last time I used it.

08/12/22

Fatboy Friday

Preshave: Warm Shower
Brush: M&F Heritage II Hybrid Bicolor L7
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum Classic tallow
Razor: 1959 Gillette Fatboy w7-x9-a5
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel
Splash, Balm, and Frag: Fine Accoutrements Platinum, Neutragena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Rating: 9.8 darn near BBS

full

After the blood letting from Tuesday I decided to start this Fatboy Friday on 7 for the WTG pass. I wasn’t satisfied with the closeness of the first pass so I raised the setting to 9. XTG opened some red from Tuesday, but, only a crosshair of weepers on my Adam’s Apple. ATG I dialed it back to 5. The little crosshair took a nick match to stem. Alum burned a bit, and, witch hazel was soothing. I waited quite a while for After Shave, but, it was a pleasant burn. Ten minutes later I applied the Platinum balm. Finally after everything was dry I applied a layer of Neutragena Hydro Boost to my whole face. The results of today’s shave was Darn Near BBS. My chin and jawline have a bit of scruff ATG, but, you have to hunt for it in spots. This shave was more efficient than several of my last Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB shaves. For people that have a problem with vintage razors think about that for a minute. This razor cost me with a Tuneup less than a Lupo. No replating. Just cleaned, polished, and, adjusted.
That’s the way to fight through it!!👍😊💈

0B0960CA-6B6C-4832-B48D-7F08BD36662D.jpeg

Fatboy Friday!!! Wooooo!!!

Soap: Stirling Varen
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Razor: Gillette 195 adjustable
Blade: PermaSharp (4)

Relaxing 3 pass shave. Quite enjoyable, though maybe not quite as close as I’d like. I don’t have as much practice with the Fatboy as other razors. Otherwise, pretty great!

DFS

9/10

08/19/22

Preshave: Luke warm shower
Brush: RV Shaving Contributors brush 26mm Shavemac bulb
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum
Razor: 1959 Fatboy W9-X5-A2
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel Krona edges (3)
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fine Platinum + Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: 9.8 DFS+

Top Bottom