What's new

Fatboy Friday!

My Fatboy had a green washer when I got it, but after I cleaned it up it became shiny brass. Now it's turning to dull brass.:lol:

Yours dose look pretty cool with the custom colors. If I ever get any of mine re-plated I may have to do a custom color.

Mine also has blade gaps two levels higher than normal. All courtesy of the great [MENTION=83710]Captain Murphy[/MENTION].

T.G.I.F.

Brush: Rubberset 400 W/27mm V/S Silvertip
Soap: Tabac original
Razor: 1959 Fatboy for Fatboy Friday
Blade: Polsilver Irisium SS Shave Number 7 on the Blade

$20151210_223035-1.jpg

F-1 Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Rubberset 400 original boar knot
VDH Deluxe
Avon Island Lime

Attachments

• $DSCF8515.jpg
    $DSCF8515.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 60
For Fatboy Friday, pulled a Perma-Sharp (7) from another razor and loaded into my G1 Fatboy set to 3. Face lathered with Tabac and got an outstanding 2 pass shave. Finished off with Stetson Original AS.

I used the same GSB in My F-1 that I used in both the Fatboy and Slim for the Grudge match. I think it has 10 shaves now. Still feels great and knocked down 2 days growth in 2 passes for a nice DFS+

Fatboy Friday AND Clubman Friday.

Too close of a shave, I think, is responsible for the chin bumps I've been getting lately. Dialed the Fatboy down to 2 and purposefully sought a milder shave. Got a GEFDDFS (good enough for dress-down Friday shave) in two passes. We'll see if that helped. Normally I skip a shave or use the bump fighter when the chin bumps erupt. But if the 2 setting does the trick, I'll be pleased.

2/26/2015 Fatboy February Head SOTD
21 Shaves (12 Head, 9 Face)

I think I've got enough MWF left for one, maybe two more shaves. With the one day I skipped using it on purpose, that will put me only one or two days shy of it lasting me the entire month. Counting the few shaves I had on it previously, I would say I got about one month out of about 1/3 of a puck that was given to me. These triple milled soaps seem like they'll last about 2-3 times longer than the artisan soaps I've gotten accustomed to.

Nuetrogena Wash
Wet Towel
Nivea Creme
Mitchell's Wool Fat head lathered
Plisson
Fatboy 9 (11)
Astra Superior Platinum
3 Pass DFS (WTG, XTG, XTG)
Shower
Lilac Tend Skin and eShave Balm

Fatboy February
Day 26 head shave 24
E-1 Fatboy wide open Gillette Silver Blue (24)
Omega S
WSP Rustic Black Amber Vanille
WSP Tobacco beard oil
Avon Spicy

Fatboy Friday

Fatboy set on 4
Feather(2)
3 pass DFS(W/X/ATG)
Dapper Dragon Autumn Morning
Semogue OC Boar
Nivea Cooling SB

First Fatboy Friday!
$IMG_2942.jpg

E2 set on 3
Derby Extra (4)
3 pass BBS (W/X/A)
CO Bigelow
Plissoft Monster
Pinaud Clubman

E-1 Fatboy wide open Gillette Silver Blue (28)
Omega S
WSP Rustic Black Amber Vanille
WSP Tobacco beard oil
Avon Spicy

E-1 Fatboy wide open Gillette Silver Blue (30)
Omega S
WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed
WSP Gaelic Tweed beard oil

Top Bottom