What's new

Fatboy Friday!

Fat Boy Friday SOTD: G1 Fat Boy with a brand new Lab Blue, Omega Pro 48, TOBS Eton College, witch hazel splash, and to finish up, The Veg.

E-1 set on 9 Lab Blue (2 face 2 head shaves) both face and head today
VDH luxury
Rubberset 400 original boar knot
Generic witch hazel

Great shave today with setting 7 and an astra sp $20150828_121033.jpg

Hay Voodoochild, I wish I could help with pic orientation, my fix has been stop turning the camera sideways.:lol:

F-1 Fatboy set on 9 Gillette Permasharp (1face 1 head shave) both face and head today
Shave Classic synthetic brush
VDH Luxury
I'm really liking this brush, and the blade seems great too.

Attachments

• $DSCF7894.jpg
    $DSCF7894.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 67
F-1 Fatboy set on 9 Gillette Permasharp (2 face 2 head shave) both face and head today
VDH Luxury

F-1 Fatboy set on 9 Gillette Permasharp (5 face 4 head shaves) both face and head today
VDH Luxury
Great shave, but that is as far as I'm going to push that blade.

Ninth shave from a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum blade in my G1 Fatboy set to 3. Using a super lather of Yardley bath soap and Maca Root shave cream, I got a pretty good one and a 1/2 pass shave, with touch up. However, misses a few spots. So, while I am impressed the blade has gone this far, my technique is not up to extending it much further.

Finished off with Pinaud Clubman.

E-4 Fatboy setting 5
Crystal Red blade (2nd shave)
Omega 10066
VDH Deluxe Soap
Aqua Velva

$IMG_0747.jpg

And after my first pass on my head:

$IMG_0748.jpg

I tried the not swirling method from another post. It went okay, but a bit weird trying to load the brush lol.

F-1 Fatboy set on 9 Gillette Permasharp (3 face 3 head shaves) just head and neck today growing the winter beard
VDH Deluxe

H-1 Fatboy, on 4 with a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum Blue (13) and a Williams Mug Soap/Pacific Shave Company super lather. Finished off with Pinaud Clubman.

Thirteen shaves with the 7 OC blade. Uncharted territory for me. This was the blade that the vendor sent with the razor and I thought the pairing was wonderful and wanted it to last.

F-1 Fatboy set on 9 Gillette Silver Blue (new)
Omega S
VDH Deluxe
Avon Tai Winds

Head and Neck Shave

It has been over a month since I broke out a Fatboy (participated in OCtober). Today did not disappoint 2 pass BBS with quick cleanup.

Attachments

• $DSCF8296.jpg
    $DSCF8296.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 45
F-1 set on 9 Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Omega S
VDH Deluxe
Avon Tribute

Today's Shave puts 6 head and neck shaves on this blade. This is uncharted territory for me. I usually stop at 3 or 4, I have pushed a Lab Blue to 5 once, but regretted it. The blade still feels good, so I'm going to see how far it will go.

F-1 set on 9 Gillette Silver Blue (8)
Omega S
VDH Deluxe
Avon Wild Country

9 head and neck shaves on this blade and it still feels good!

E-1 Fatboy set on 9 Lab Blue (2)
Omega S
VDH Deluxe
Avon Bravo

I found this one at a thrift shop a couple weeks ago. It is in pretty good shape just a little brassing on the adjuster plate and the paint is gone from the ring. Great Shave!

Pretty much the same setup as last week. Just a different bottle of Avon and a couple more shaves on the blade.

I went with a Green theme by accident today. Even my Fat boy has green numbers and washer.
My Fatboy had a green washer when I got it, but after I cleaned it up it became shiny brass. Now it's turning to dull brass.:lol:

Yours dose look pretty cool with the custom colors. If I ever get any of mine re-plated I may have to do a custom color.

Top Bottom