What's new

Fatboy Friday let's get the ball rolling!

With all the Fatboy threads out there lately. I'm surprised the Fatboy Friday in Clubs and Brotherhoods under shave/sent of the day isn't more popular. TECH Tuesdays is going over big, and super speed Saturday seems to have a following, but for some reason Fatboy Friday sits idle most weeks. I think it could be a great thread to post pics and discus all things Fatboy if we could just get the ball rolling. So I would like to invite you all to grab your Fatboy and join me tomorrow for Fatboy Friday! I hope to see you there.

Every day is a Fatboy Friday for me.
Ok, I'll start. I just repaired a bent up Fatboy today, with a dropped TTO knob. The plating is pretty bad, but no pitting.

Ha Ha I thought you might be the first reply. I love all your tip and hearing about your rescues. Keep up the good work!

Fatboy Friday is here grab yours and help make this thread what it should be. I hope to see you there.:001_smile:w00t::thumbup:

Awesome! Post to the thread even if it is just the date code, blade, and setting. Let's get the ball rolling.

I used my Fatboy for a week up to yesterday, but I then changed blades and so moved on to its thinner brother. Still, that will make the day after tomorrow Slim Sunday.

I just received this gem in the mail yesterday, a super nice G1.

The FB has already eclipsed what I had previously thought were my all-time favorite, go to shavers.

proxy.php

Since its casual Friday at work, I decided to skip shaving today....otherwise it would have been fatboy Friday.

$image.jpg

I noticed that the commercial shows the razor being adjusted while in the closed position. I believe this is unadvised? Anyway, here's a picture of my 1959 (E4) Fatboy I picked up yesterday at a local antique store. I cleaned it up, and I'll be using it today for the first time.

Last edited:
View attachment 595300

I noticed that the commercial shows the razor being adjusted while in the closed position. I believe this is unadvised? Anyway, here's a picture of my 1959 (E4) Fatboy I picked up yesterday at a local antique store. I cleaned it up, and I'll be using it today for the first time.

First off, that is a beautiful razor!

If you loosen the knob slightly (back off the quarter turn tight position) you can adjust it with no issues.

While I have to admit that my Fatboy has been sitting idle since acquiring about 10 more razors that I find give me better shaves, I'm in. I'm waiting for an atomizer for my monster bottle of Floid Vigoroso and as soon as it gets here, I'm jumping into the shower followed by a Fatboy friday special :) I love the idea btw!!

Chris

I was too late for today, but I'll endeavor to join in for the future Fridays. I also have a Tech and a SS, so I guess I know what I'm using on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Now, what to do about the rest of the week...

Every day is a Fatboy Friday for me.
Ok, I'll start. I just repaired a bent up Fatboy today, with a dropped TTO knob. The plating is pretty bad, but no pitting.

You should showcase it in my Daily Drivers thread. :001_smile

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/464717-Dangerous-Drivers-Daily-Edition

View attachment 595300

Gorgeous!

Top Bottom