What's new

Fatboy first timer

Got my Fatboy in the me today. Wondering what setting it should be on I know its my own preference but Im not sure where it needs to be set? Also got an old type as well was thinking about doing half and half. recommendations please

I'd start the Fatboy on a 3 or 4. Both seem fairly mild to me. Don't forget to open the doors a little before using the adjuster!

Start at a low setting then work up until you get the closest shave without nick and razor burn, which is usually due to the user's technique. I'm not sure what you mean by "old type". They were only made from 1958-1961. I have mine set at 7-8. I usually start at 7 for the first pass then go to 8 and sometimes 9 for the second and third passes. I like a more aggressive shave but have to be careful of my lower neck.

3 or 4 sounds good for your first time out.
Most people don't consider the Fatboy an aggressive razor in general.

3 or 4 sounds good for your first time out.
Most people don't consider the Fatboy an aggressive razor in general.

Dial it up to 9 and then get back to me. :wink2:

I own a 59' Fat Boy and use it regularly. Setting 9 is definitely aggressive. I concur with the advice given by others to start low, I recommend a 2 or 3 and then go from there.

Frank

Got my Fatboy in the me today. Wondering what setting it should be on I know its my own preference but Im not sure where it needs to be set? Also got an old type as well was thinking about doing half and half. recommendations please

Pick out a low setting, say 2 or 3 , and increase the numbers until you find the one that is most comfortable for you. Just remember
to un-lock the razor (1/4 hard turn) before you make any adjustments (1 through 9). If you don't un-lock it and make a adjustment
you can screw up the mechanism. Also, after changing the adjustment, don't forget to retighten the handle (the last 1/4 hard turn),
or else the blade will not be locked in, which will invite a very dangerous shave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom