What's new

Fatboy February 2017

Fatboy February is back!

Less than a week, so I figured I'd give people some warning and plenty of opportunity to join in. Feel free to post your Fatboy SOTD pics, usage stats for the month, fun razor nicknames, interesting back stories on how you acquired your Fatboy(s), or anything else Fatboy-related. In year's past, I've encouraged everyone to spend the full month with their Fatboys, and I've kept a running table of stats for all the participants. This year, let's keep it a little lighter. No long term commitments here, just a fun place to share your love of the Gillette Fatboy for the month.

I'll be participating with my 1960 Jolly Green Giant again this year, but I'm expecting the return of my Slim from Delta Echo soon, so I'm not promising how much the Fatboy will get used...

Here are the links to the previous threads.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/479987-Fatboy-February-2016-Edition
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442040-Fatboy-February

My FB that belonged to my grandfather is my main razor, but I have a Gem Featherweight coming so I can't promise an exclusive commitment...

I'm in!

I'm also in one blade February, so it should be all Fatboy and Feather for me.

Although I may cheat if I happen to acquire anything too tempting. :tongue_sm

I'll be jumping in here. I haven't had my Fatboy out in quite a while. Time to dust off the cobwebs.

proxy.php

Here's my 1960 F2. I won mine in a PIF from [MENTION=81059]bjtiger75[/MENTION]. It was cleaned up and given it's signature color by [MENTION=83710]Captain Murphy[/MENTION]. If I like the Delta Echo treatment my Slim is getting right now, then the Jolly Green Giant will be next...
$100_3728_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in, however, I'm only shaving my head and I haven't used my Fatboy since the last FBF. I've been pretty loyal to my ATT. I will bust out my Fatboy E-4 next month though.

The green looks great and lucky as well!
I think you should keep that puppy just the way it is.

Thanks. It will keep the green in some form. Whether it stays plated or gets cerakoted will depend on how much I like my Slim when I get it back. That's why I sent the Slim first.

Something tells me I need to break out a Fatboy, load it with an Astra SP and see how far I can push that combo through the month of February.

I'm on it!

Something tells me I need to break out a Fatboy, load it with an Astra SP and see how far I can push that combo through the month of February.

I'm on it!
It will be a great combo Lane! I would have chosen it, but that would be too easy for me. I really want to see how far a Feather will go, but after today's 29th shave on an Astra SP in a Fatboy I'm almost tempted to try to make it through with this blade.

It will be a great combo Lane! I would have chosen it, but that would be too easy for me. I really want to see how far a Feather will go, but after today's 29th shave on an Astra SP in a Fatboy I'm almost tempted to try to make it through with this blade.

Wow!

I'm looking forward to this combo in the upcoming week. Rock on Troy!

Wow!

I'm looking forward to this combo in the upcoming week. Rock on Troy!

I was planning on tossing this blade after Tomorrow's Super Speed Saturday, but it's showing no signs of stopping. So, I'll just put it up and see how far it goes in March. I also just started 2 SPs for the OLD New Grudge Match. Since I also like to use SE razors, it's going to be a while before I need to unwrap another DE blade. :001_rolle

Top Bottom