Phoenix Cavandish
Omega 10049
Alum block
VIBR A/s

Another late night shave. 2 passes.

The Legendary Katrina Razor
Made Rite restore
Vintage C&E Mysore Sandalwood
Avon Wild Country AS (In vintage AV bottle)
Avon Wild Country Cologne (In Chairman bottle)

$IMG_2322.jpg

I haven't really been doing the whole Fatboy February thing BUT I may as well share a great Fatboy shave anyway :thumbup: :

1961 G1 Fatboy Rhodium Revamp
GSB (1)
Stirling Kong 26mm
Shaver Heaven 'Dragon Noir' ...(wow , forgot how good these soaps are!)
Dickinson's Distilled Witch Hazel
Fine Accoutrements 'Platinum'

Day 25, shave 20 - head and throat.

Fatboy set at 6, Personna 74 (20) and Lightfoots pure pine mixed with Arko 50/50. The razor and blade combo is still going strong. No real change since shave 5 or so.

The combo of the Lightfoot's Pure Pine (a great smelling but poor performing soap) and Arko (a great performing soap that smells ok at best) makes for an ok smelling that is a so-so performer. I don't know why I was expecting better.

Today’s shave following hot shower:
Soap Works hemp oil pre-shave soap
Gillette 1960 F-1 Fatboy, set on 5
Astra superior platinum
Razorock soap
Erskine # 4 Brush
Aqua Velva Musk
$FB-ERSK4-OS-RR1~5.jpg

Fatboy Feb. shave #16

this morning i tried out a new soap, i have had this sample sitting around for a month or so and just never got around to trying it out.
Sherlock soap by chiseled face:

its a soft soap and lathers very easy and the smell is great if you like the sherlock scent that is.
whipped up a very smooth and slick lather very easily and got me probably my best shave yet.
I will mention that this soap does not seem to like heat so it did kinda dry out in my scuttle and i had to keep adding water to it as i went on with the shave.

but other then that it was a super pleasant shave with no irritation at all.
i do like the soap a whole lot but not sure if it for me because if it wont get along with my scuttle it might be a deal breaker.... maybe i will use it in the summer?

well onto the shave info.

hot shower followed with CF preshave gel
CF Sherlock soap whipped up in my scuttle
Rooney BeeHive 2 brush
fresh lord SS blade
59 fatty- first WTG set at magic #5 second XTG set at #7 and then third ATG set at #9 then some clean up around my throat.
then finished up with some Sherlock after shave.

this was a great shave to kick off a friday! :biggrin1:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
SOTD 2/26
Bored with FB "Cue Stick," so broke out my other FB, a G1-marked machine with one lazy silo door, so ... "Lazy Dog."

FB Lazy Dog on 5
New PoliSilver
Sunrise knot
Leftover TOBS Sandalwood
Lime Veg w/4711
Tabac EdC and go!

Careful shave with new blade. Recent beard re-map has me shave one area backwards and another upside down, but it's working.
Forgot to use the new Superior 70 Bay Rum, but with the Master Bay Rum coming, fixin' to make Bootlegger's Bay Rum later.

AA

EDIT: Used Sweet Almond Oil to oil both Fatboys' mechanisms. It made the lock on one smoother immediately. One of the razors, forget which, had some corrosion ... keeping it oiled helps keep water out, eh.

Last edited:
2/26/2015 Fatboy February Head SOTD
21 Shaves (12 Head, 9 Face)

I think I've got enough MWF left for one, maybe two more shaves. With the one day I skipped using it on purpose, that will put me only one or two days shy of it lasting me the entire month. Counting the few shaves I had on it previously, I would say I got about one month out of about 1/3 of a puck that was given to me. These triple milled soaps seem like they'll last about 2-3 times longer than the artisan soaps I've gotten accustomed to.

Nuetrogena Wash
Wet Towel
Nivea Creme
Mitchell's Wool Fat head lathered
Plisson
Fatboy 9 (11)
Astra Superior Platinum
3 Pass DFS (WTG, XTG, XTG)
Shower
Lilac Tend Skin and eShave Balm

I'll be sure to remind everyone on Monday, but I wanted to give you a heads up while I was thinking about it.

First, I'd really like to see everyone come back and post their SOTD on 3/1. I'm curious to see what everyone decides to pull out after spending an entire month with the Fatboys.

Second, I'm not sure if I have mentioned it yet, but I wanted to make everyone aware of another Fatboy thread. It was started by Mike Swofford, one of our stewards and an active participant in last year's inaugural Fatboy February. Mike passed away early last summer, and a few of us have continued posting here in Mike's honor. Consider joining us over here throughout the rest of the year when you start having your Fatboy February withdrawls.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442475-Fatboy-Friday

Shave #18
Fatboy on 7 with an Astra blade. Astra blades are a little rough, but it is a good solid blade for the price.

Shave creme: Shaver Heaven Classic Shave Shop scent. I've used this before and had thought it was a little thin. This time I used much more product and the creme preformed very well. It had a nice rich thick lather. The smell could have been better 3/5 stars. It is a solid soap.
After Shave Lotion: a of Sample Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera. I've never used an after shave lotion, usually just an aftershave. I went on nice and smooth with a pleasant manly scent. 3/5 stars.

So far it's been an interesting month trying samples and using soaps/cremes I have not used or used in a long time, while using the same razor and blades I know are good.
I've usually been more of a "Hardware" wet-shaver rather then a "software" wet-shaver I now have a greater appreciation for a good soap and good aftershaves.
Please God don't let me get into brushes.........

SOTD
Sneaky the E2 Fatboy on 3

Gillette Nacet (25, Feb one-blade challenge)
Elite Razors custom 2-band badger
CFG Easy Street
Witch hazel w/menthol added
Lucky Tiger
Stirling Lime ASB
Platinum Fine AS

G3 Fatboy on setting #5
Gillette Silver Blue on shave #5
Soap Commander Courage
Three pass shave
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave
Great shave today! I'm not going stop using this Fatboy at the end of the month, the shaves have gotten better each time.

Day 26 head shave 24
E-1 Fatboy wide open Gillette Silver Blue (24)
Omega S
WSP Rustic Black Amber Vanille
WSP Tobacco beard oil
Avon Spicy

The Legendary Katrina Razor
Rubberset 49-3 with original knot
Arko Ice Mint
Lilac Vegetal

$IMG_2324.jpg

As you can tell from the label I have been refilling my last old glass bottle of LV for over 30 years now. I resisted plastic from the start.

I'll be sure to remind everyone on Monday, but I wanted to give you a heads up while I was thinking about it.

First, I'd really like to see everyone come back and post their SOTD on 3/1. I'm curious to see what everyone decides to pull out after spending an entire month with the Fatboys.

Second, I'm not sure if I have mentioned it yet, but I wanted to make everyone aware of another Fatboy thread. It was started by Mike Swofford, one of our stewards and an active participant in last year's inaugural Fatboy February. Mike passed away early last summer, and a few of us have continued posting here in Mike's honor. Consider joining us over here throughout the rest of the year when you start having your Fatboy February withdrawls.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442475-Fatboy-Friday
Great idea to post the 3/1 shaves here it will be fun to see what everyone picks up. I have a few favorites I want to get back to, and a few to newer pickups I need to log some time on and try out. I'll probably go to the SE side for the first few days anyway. If the GSB is still holding out I think I'm going to run it through some of my other DEs and see if it seems as good as in the Fatboy and just how far it will go.

+1 on Fatboy Friday it's a good way to keep the Fatboy in your rotation and it would be good to see more of you over there.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom