What's new

Fat Tip or R41

I really like my Fatip Piccolo. I can't say I'm enamored of my R41 (it's the newer head). Both give me excellent shaves, but the Fatip is so smooth in comparison to the Muhle.

Don't change the handle! The solid brass one that it comes with is perfect!

100_1949.JPG

@1Cal, share your thoughts please. :001_smile
Not so long ago Fatip Piccolos were easy to source here in the UK. That situation appears to have changed (unless it's just that everyone has run out of stock at the same time).

Gifts&Care (in Spain) have them in stock here.

MOVING ON:
In another thread @MicBP said he wasn't interested in Open Comb razors. :001_unsur

Not so long ago Fatip Piccolos were easy to source here in the UK. That situation appears to have changed (unless it's just that everyone has run out of stock at the same time).

MOVING ON:
In another thread @MicBP said he wasn't interested in Open Comb razors. :001_unsur

@eezee is the OP, @MicBP is just crashing someone else's thread.

MOVING ON:
thank you for noticing that :)

@MicBP resurrected this 3½ year old thread from the dead.:wink2:

I suspect @eezee has things sorted by now. :001_unsur :001_smile :laugh:
Well, in typical B&B fashion I got both!! I like both but if I had to choose one I'd go with the R41. It's better made IMO and the performance is superb.

Well, in typical B&B fashion I got both!! I like both but if I had to choose one I'd go with the R41. It's better made IMO and the performance is superb.
Fatip have retooled and their Mk2 editions are significantly better. I have and love both my Piccolo Mk1 (18mm cap) and the new Piccolo Mk2 (19mm cap). Lined up in order of increasing aggression (for me):

Fatip Piccolo Mk2
Mühle R41 (2013 version)
Fatip Piccolo Mk1 :devil:

I have coarse beard hair and am not keen on the blade flapping/chatter of the R41. If I can't fix that with a shim or two the next time I use it, it'll be in the PIF box.

Top Bottom