What's new

Fat Tech Mismatch help needed.

I found a few NDC razors yesterday and in my haste to get them all apart I found that two are have interchangeable parts.

I've done a little research and it looks like the triangle window base has the interrupted bar cap (1938-45)

The other gold handle has the lozenge windows and the continuous Bar. (1946-50).

I'm not sure when the black handled techs were offered. I think I spotted on at Mr. Razors. Any ideas?

Can someone confirm that I have these parts together correctly?

I shaved with one yesterday with a relatively new Astra SP and it was a great shave!

Thanks
Dirty

Attachments

• IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6598.jpeg
    IMG_6598.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6599.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6601.jpeg
    IMG_6601.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 18
I can't say that all three pieces came together originally. But the black handle did come with the triangle holes. I don't have a black handle. Now I got to find one of those. :mad3:

Thanks HazMat,
Ya, what's up with the black handle. Mine is a little faded. Some of the paint is more than likely gone.

Not a common handle for the tech as far as I can tell. Is there a reason that you think the black handle belongs to the earlier (triangle window) head?
I'd like to freshen up the color of the handle but paint may not be the best solution. Ideas?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dirty

I found a few NDC razors yesterday and in my haste to get them all apart I found that two are have interchangeable parts.

I've done a little research and it looks like the triangle window base has the interrupted bar cap (1938-45)

The other gold handle has the lozenge windows and the continuous Bar. (1946-50).

I'm not sure when the black handled techs were offered. I think I spotted on at Mr. Razors. Any ideas?

Can someone confirm that I have these parts together correctly?

I shaved with one yesterday with a relatively new Astra SP and it was a great shave!

Thanks
Dirty
Hi @Dirty Harry and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Another Gent inquired about these black handled gold head Techs a while back. He thought it might have been painted after. But it seems the black handle and gold head type was a thing in the 40's. Here is an example from Mr Razor you may have in mind. It seems pre 1941 or NOS
proxy.php

And here is an example that seems to be Military issue from the stock no. on the box.
proxy.php

It looks like we have the interrupted and continuous bar type heads pictured here, both in gold, which shows they were a thing at this period.
Here is a 38-45' Tech with the standard head and interrupted bar. All these seem to be of the same period.
proxy.php

I think the Continuous and interrupted bar top caps were pretty much made side by side throughout the 40's, so you be said to have mis-assembled them in any way. As usual Gillette seems to have assembled razors for sale with whatever was in the plant parts bins, maybe using up older parts stockpiled from earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom