What's new

Fat Friday

I've enjoyed Mitchell's Wool Fat on Fridays!
As well as other days-of-the-week!!

woolfat fridays.jpg

Today is Fat Friday. I used my new S.K. Colling (Prosperine Razor Co.) and The Fat for a glorious shave. I can't think of a better Black Friday combo.

Pictures to follow once it is daylight.

I'm in. Love the fat!
11/25/22
Soap- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush- SF 24mm pure badger
Razor- RazoRock GC84-P
Blade- Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Aftershave- RazoRock King Louis
result- BBS
No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation!
Awesome soap, best there ever is.
IMG_20221125_121500.jpg

12/09/22
Soap- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush- Grizzly Bay 26mm Fanchurian
Razor- RazoRock Baby Smooth
Blade- Gillette Platinum (3)
Aftershave- House of Mammoth Santa Noir
result- DFS
IMG_20221209_053110.jpg

I've been thinking of using The Fat as a bath soap.
Get the Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap instead. Threw a few bars into a recent Connaught order that it's the slickest soap I've every used. Pure tallow bomb well formulated for bathing vs. shaving (saponified with sodium hydroxide, no potassium hydroxide as in the shaving soap). Even test lathered with my shaving brush and while the lather was thinner/dissipated faster than the MWF shaving soap it was very slick. Could shave with it if needed though I would prefer to use the actual MWF shaving soap.

On Connaught's site it's 3 GBP for a 150 gram bar vs 6.25 GBP for the 125 gram shaving soap. Given the slickness I'm saving one bar to replace the 1 - 2 ounces of Ivory I add to my custom blends.

Get the Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap instead. Threw a few bars into a recent Connaught order that it's the slickest soap I've every used. Pure tallow bomb well formulated for bathing vs. shaving (saponified with sodium hydroxide, no potassium hydroxide as in the shaving soap). Even test lathered with my shaving brush and while the lather was thinner/dissipated faster than the MWF shaving soap it was very slick. Could shave with it if needed though I would prefer to use the actual MWF shaving soap.

On Connaught's site it's 3 GBP for a 150 gram bar vs 6.25 GBP for the 125 gram shaving soap. Given the slickness I'm saving one bar to replace the 1 - 2 ounces of Ivory I add to my custom blends.
Yeah, I've already got the bath soap. It is pretty slick and it doesn't smell bad, either. I like how the shaving soap smells better, but the bath soap isn't bad. When I first got it, the first bath left me feeling dry. However, every successive bath was a pure delight. It was like for some reason the lanolin and tallow weren't present on the outer layer, but once that was washed away, the soap showed its true nature.

Yeah, I've already got the bath soap. It is pretty slick and it doesn't smell bad, either. I like how the shaving soap smells better, but the bath soap isn't bad. When I first got it, the first bath left me feeling dry. However, every successive bath was a pure delight. It was like for some reason the lanolin and tallow weren't present on the outer layer, but once that was washed away, the soap showed its true nature.

I suspect the skin ramped up production of oils/sebum to counter the drying effect of the soap.

I find MWF bath soap very drying and can only use it in hot/humid weather.

It's difficult to imagine the soap not being homogenized given MWF is a milled soap, which requires large machinery to produce.

I suspect the skin ramped up production of oils/sebum to counter the drying effect of the soap.

I find MWF bath soap very drying and can only use it in hot/humid weather.

It's difficult to imagine the soap not being homogenized given MWF is a milled soap, which requires large machinery to produce.
I have dry skin and it is easily irritated. I found that the MWF bath bar (original) didn't dry my skin and didn't irritate it. The first use or two did, but once I was actually into the bar, that ceased and I get a nice moisturized bath from it. I like the smell okay, too.

Since the shaving soap feels so good on the face, I wondered how it would be to bathe with. It is more expensive than the bath soap, though. That is probably because of all of the milling and etc the shaving soap goes through. Extra steps cost more money.

Top Bottom