What's new

Fat Friday

1677942840019.png

Nice, close shave and wonderful aftershave feel.

Today for Fat Friday I used MWF lathered by a Shavemac 28mm fiber brush. Man oh man what lather!

Another happy thought: I am down to the bottom of the MWF puck and the bowl is showing through in several places and a big hole in the middle. That means I soon get to open another puck of MWF and this is exciting!

E93271CC-D34A-42FD-9321-BAEC2D17361C.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (10)
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

12CA9684-DBAC-4A94-B738-6C57D579C5FC.jpeg

Head and face shave
Fat Friday 24.3.23

Razor: Leaf/Twig Thorn (for touch ups)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

This past Friday was Holy Fat Friday. I was so rushed I didn't have time for pictures. I used the Fat, a Rudy Vey butterscotch and black STF brush, and my Thiers Issard Medaille de Alger straight razor. It was as good as it sounds.

For this Fat Friday I used a Yaqi 30mm Monster barber pole brush to face lather The Fat. I took the lather off with a Thiers Issard straight razor. The shave was wonderful.

The two days leading up to Fat Friday I had used Arko and Speick sticks. These two are okay for a safety razor, but I can't get close enough with a straight razor with them all of the time. The Fat came to the rescue and my face felt gloriously smooth and hydrated.

I'm looking for a replacement for MWF to continue Fat Friday. I mean, somebody was brain dead and stopped making the greatest soap ever.

I have some contenders, after a lot of looking.

I used The Fat for Friday, today ( it is Friday already ). I lathered up, no problems, with a thick creamy lather. I used a Rudy Vey 25mm Silver Tip Fiber brush which has just enough backbone, but is ermine soft on the front end. For a razor I used a Parker PTW shavette with a Nacet blade. I had a great shave.

So far, in my hunt for a replacement, I have been happy with Shannon's Soaps. Her Chupacabra base has both tallow and lanolin and is actually slick, real slick, and it leaves my face feeling good after the shave.

Top Bottom