What's new

Fat february! Who will join me?

I was just about to say the same thing! Tomorrow it starts. I am also gong for the one blade in February. I just don't know which blqde to use. I always throw away after one or two shaves. So it's tricky for me. It's between personna red, and blue, shark ss, or polsilver super iridium. You guys have any idea which of those is a long lasting blade?

okay guys, I just cleaned out my shave den. got rid of every soap except for Mitchell's wool fat put them all away in a drawer. I brought out some creams in case I decide to super lather. But that's it until March good luck!

I was just about to say the same thing! Tomorrow it starts. I am also gong for the one blade in February. I just don't know which blqde to use. I always throw away after one or two shaves. So it's tricky for me. It's between personna red, and blue, shark ss, or polsilver super iridium. You guys have any idea which of those is a long lasting blade?

the only blade I have n your list is Polsilver. Not sure how long these last. I never use any blade more then 4 or 5 times. I have spent so much money on razors, soaps, aftershaves, and brushes that trying to make .20 last a month doesn't make sense to me. I could have bought a lifetime supply of Cartridges. Hah.

the only blade I have n your list is Polsilver. Not sure how long these last. I never use any blade more then 4 or 5 times. I have spent so much money on razors, soaps, aftershaves, and brushes that trying to make .20 last a month doesn't make sense to me. I could have bought a lifetime supply of Cartridges. Hah.

I'm the same way. I usually throw them out after the first shave. They are so cheap. I'm Only doing this one blade challenge for fun. I can honestly say that I've never used a blade until it didn't work anymore. I'm curious as to how far the blades will go for me.

Had my first shave of February. First time I used mwf in a while. Face lathered as I always do. Here's the Thater after lathering my face for the 1st pass...

$20150201_150715.jpg

I just finished my first shave with the MWF. I lathered up with a Rudy Vey Shavemac 2014 Holiday LE. Rolled with a British RFB paired with a GSB. Finished off with a splash of Speick. Great afternoon shave!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
I've been wanting a shave mac finest. How is the speick shave stick. I haven't tried anything speick. Also I'm looking for an after shave splash. I'm not a big fan of this clubman. It stinks all day too. Way too strong. And I don't like the scent. Any ideas? I have enough balms. Just want a nice splash.

I like the old spice mug! I just got mine off the bay. They are smaller than I thought, but they are pretty neat. Still very effective. Its probably the perfect size, u just usually use oversized bowls.

Shave #2 for Fat February. Semogue 620 boar face lather style. Used a 15mm Deluxe New from a Red&Black set. Used the GSB blade again. Finished off with a splash of Floid Blue. Another great MWF shave!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 38
I've been wanting a shave mac finest. How is the speick shave stick. I haven't tried anything speick. Also I'm looking for an after shave splash. I'm not a big fan of this clubman. It stinks all day too. Way too strong. And I don't like the scent. Any ideas? I have enough balms. Just want a nice splash.

Speick aftershave is great. Have not used the stick much. It worked well the times I have tried it. I really like the Floid Blue aftershave as well. The Amber Floids (genuine, vigaroso, suave) not so much.

Shave #2 for Fat February. Semogue 620 boar face lather style. Used a 15mm Deluxe New from a Red&Black set. Used the GSB blade again. Finished off with a splash of Floid Blue. Another great MWF shave!

I shaved with that razor as well today. Well a gold new type anyway. Almost same brush too! Semogue 830!

$1423031347974.jpg

I might have to try the floid next time. Decided on the Fine AS.

Excellent choice. One of my top AS as well. I have about 20 aftrrshaves I'll be using with the MWH this month. Speaking of Mr. Fine I picked up one of his lather bowls today. I only have two brushes and you have seen them both. Well I also have a couple of VDH brushes I started with stuck in a box under the cabinet. Think I am going to run through some more of my razors on this journey.

Shave #3. Progress dialed to 3ish today w/ a splash of North. Another great aftershave.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 31
Shave #3. Progress dialed to 3ish today w/ a splash of North. Another great aftershave.

dude you've got to be kidding me, I swear to God I loaded up progress for today too. that's too funny, last night I was going to post a picture of the progress and say this is tomorrow shave and I go wait, how much you wanna bet he's going to shave with the progress to tomorrow and I was right. I love it. I haven't shaved yet but I'm loaded up in the progress. Maybe I'll make a switch on yah and use something out of the ordinary. I've been meaning to give my old type another shot , so maybe that's what I'll do now that my father blade is toning down this will be my fourth shave. I could notice a difference yesterday it was definitely starting to get a little duller. Not tugging, but it's taking a lot more buffing to get through each pass. I don't think I'm going to be able to go much longer but we shall see I will go as long as I possibly can. I might have to start using very aggressive razors at the end.

by the way what kind of brush is that ?I really like it!

The brush is a Rudy Vey 2014 Holiday Brush w/ the new Shavemac 2-band Silvertip I believe. It's freaking awesome. My only good brush besides my Semogue. Not sure why I would need another badger. That's funny you were about to use the Progress. It's a great razor though. The old types are also good. I have several of them. I will break out a few of them over the next month. I want to try a few of my ABC razors.

I took my blade out of the progress yesterday and changed it to the old type. Had another rough shave. I know it's just me, but for some reason that razor feels much more aggressive than the fatip and r41. It's very uncomfortable for me to shave with. I've used devette type no guard and it felt easier than the old type I have. It is very odd. I get a close shave. But not as close as others and twice the rough feeling. Come to think of it. No razor has ever felt like it. Not even a straight razor. I don't know. I've tried every angle. I ended up taking the blade out after completing one pass and threw it in my tech. Got a great shave.

after I finish the one blade in February with my feather I will try a derby or something and see if that makes any difference.

I would try something a little more smooth for sure. Polsilver SI or Voskhod comes to mind. I skipped my shave today I was running a bit late.

Top Bottom