What's new

Fat boy users: Which blade do you use the most ?

Hello Everyone,

I recently received a Fat Boy bought on Ebay and I am in the middle of testing it with the stock of blades I currently own (Gillette Bleues Extra, Derby, Merkur, Schnucks (????) reveived with the FB).

So far, I've tried only with the Schnucks (????? unknown to me before) and the Merkur, and I did not achieve a BBS yet.
With my Merkur Futur and several adjustments in my technique over the past few months, I finally achieve BBS each shave with any of the blades I own.

What is wrong with the FB ? The blade ? the level of aggressiveness, I set on 3 ? My goal is to obtain a shave as good with the FB than the one I have with the Futur.

Which blades work great for you ?

Thanks for your advice

Probably has less to do with the blade and more to do with your getting used to using the Fatboy. You may be trying to shave the same with it as you did your previous razors.

Personally, I find "3" to be way too mild for me. I generally keep it at 5, although I've been cranking it up 7 for third passes and have paid the price in a higher frequency of weepers.

In terms of blades, after trying all the recommended brands (Astras, Crystals, Derbys, Personnas, etc.) I've finally settled on Bluebirds and Gillette Blues to be my "keeper" blades. They seem to work the best in all my DEs, both adjustables and non.

Jeff in Boston

Edit: You own a Fat Boy, but I don't see you as a member of the Fat Boy group. If you want join: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=65

OK I did not know such a group existed. I don't even see where we can access this page from B&B homepage.
I will join the group.

BTW, Schnucks is a grocery store in Missouri.

thanks for the info, for those interested, these blades were not very comfortable to use and get dull very quickly, not recommended at all.

Well I gotta say that the Gillette Bleu Extra blades is one of my favorites, and it works extremely well for me in my Fatboy. WTG & XTG passes on #5, and a final ATG pass on #7.

Good luck.

jim

I use Kais or Feathers.

Before you think it's only about the blades, you need to crank it up to 5 and give it a try there. It's quite mild at a setting of 3.

Holy #@#$@#$! I've been here for three months and never even heard of this! How do you get to the social groups from the main menu? A whole new endless possibility of time wasting opens itself!!!

Jeff in Boston

Hi Jeff

Go to your User Control Panel, then Networking - Social Groups. Once you join a group, you will see a link to it top and center of your User Control Panel page.

oldblue

Thanks for your answers everyone.
I increased the settings to 4 this morning and finally achieved a BBS !!!

seems to work now

Top Bottom