What's new

Fasan Slants

A friend of mine is at Munich for work trip and found some shop selling Fasan open comb slants in white color like the ones in post#1 by Jake. The seller is offering them at $40 a piece in cardboard boxes. Is that a good deal?

Yes, it!s a very good deal.
Please tell me the address of the seller because I'm interested.
Thanks.

Hi,

The one which works.

I am not being funny here, as there is only one angle that allows the helix to cut all the way across the edge of the blade. And, you have to roll the head as you follow the contour of your face. So, the handle angle has to be continually moved as you go.

I had an issue with mine for the first couple shaves until I got it down. Now, the hard part is *not* using any other razor in the same manner. ;)

Stan

A friend of mine is at Munich for work trip and found some shop selling Fasan open comb slants in white color like the ones in post#1 by Jake. The seller is offering them at $40 a piece in cardboard boxes. Is that a good deal?

oh do tell, where in munich is the shop?

Got this set in the mail this morning. Can't wait to try it out. Looks NOS but the chromed handle has a few flea bites so I'm not going to worry about it. These things look crazy. Ha. Hard to say my S2 Kronos is a slant when looking at this.

Got this set in the mail this morning. Can't wait to try it out. Looks NOS but the chromed handle has a few flea bites so I'm not going to worry about it. These things look crazy. Ha. Hard to say my S2 Kronos is a slant when looking at this.

What a gorgous thing!
What's the "Inspector Glatt" leaflet about?
Is he the "Arko guy" of Fasan?

It was my friend who stumbled upon them at some type of shop while his hosts took him for a stroll. I have asked him to pick one up for me if he ever went back there.
or can you ask him to ask his host(s) where in town it was, the shop i mean....
i know many places in town to find antiques.... but it usually all higher end stuff, and finding razors around here in the wild is a bit non-existant.

oh and a few more pix of the Inspektor Glatt leaflet please!

Hi,

Ah! A 'mostly metal' Fasan. Nice. :)

Is that one a 'Red Dot' version?

Easy to tell, as the Red Dot on a Fasan is on the corner of the top cap. I think that one is earlier than the Red Dot, but I can't see the top cap.

Stan

No red dot on this one. It is much heavier with the metal cap and chromed handle compared to the other Bakelite or plastic Fasans. As requested here is some more Glatt. Ha.

Last edited:
What's the "Inspector Glatt" leaflet about?
Is he the "Arko guy" of Fasan?

Last year I posted a translation in another thread:
Safety Razor of the Month, September 2014 - Slants

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not only a great translation, but Quaternion photoshops the English into the picture of the original insert.
Brilliant!

Hi,

Yes. That is wicked Brilliant! :)

I posted the German text and the English translation of the instructions which came with my Red Dots in the BOSS thread some time back. But, it was just the text.

I use Photoshop to process my digital photos since I use what are nowadays really old Kodak DSLRs based on the Nikon F5 and Canon EOS-1N film bodies (and sister digital backs for Hasselblad and Mamiya medium format bodies). But, that is for conversion from raw images since the old Kodak stuff does not process in-camera.

For all my hours working with it, I have no idea how to pull off the trick of shooting a document and then overlaying the translation onto the image like that. That job is *really* impressive! :) :) :)

Stan

Hi,

Since I just mentioned it, here is a copy of the post from the BOSS thread where I entered the text of the Red Dot instructions and Google's translation of it:

Stan

Hi,

OK. I have copied the instruction text into a simple text file for easy cut and paste into Google's translator. There are spots in the original which are just a graphical Red Dot, pertaining to the red dot on the razor's top cap. I have 'translated' that into (red dot) in the text file, and that also passes right on through Google's translator as is.

Also missing is a graphic at the end of the instructions showing: a top cap with a red dot, a razor blade with the number 1 edge aligned with the red dot edge of the top cap, the baseplate, and the handle.

-----------------------------------------------

So, here is the original German text:

Fasan Doppelschrag

Der FASAN - Rasierapparat Doppelschrag ermoglicht dursch die patentierte Krummung seines Deckels eine doppelschrag Lage der Rasierklinge: sie erlaubt daher den Vorzug des ziehenden Schnittes und schaltetdie die Gefahr des Reissens und Verletzens aus.

Jeder FASAN - Doppelschrag tragt den (red dot) Wendepunkt zur Kennzeichnung der Klingenschneide. Der (red dot) Wendepunkt gestattet die zuverlassige Unterscheidung zwischen der Vor- und Nach- Rasur und ermoglicht zudem den taglichen Wechsel der jeder Raiserklinge eigenen 4 Klingenschneiden.

Gebrauchsanweisung

Bitte die Fasan - Durascharf so in den FASAN - Doppelschrag einlegen, dass Schneide 1 mit (red dot) Wendepunktubereinstimmt.

Die nunmehr leicht erkennbare Schneide 2 der Nach-Rasur.

Fur das folgende Rasieren Schneide 3 zum (red dot) Wendepunkt legen; Schneide 3 zur Nach-Rasur benutzen.

Fur das nachste Rasieren beginnt die Benutzungsfolge von vorn!

-----------------------------------------------

And, here is what Google's Translator made out of it:

Pheasant double Schrag

PHEASANT - double shaving Schrag allows showel patented curvature of its cover a double-oblique position of the razor blade: it therefore allowed the privilege of pulling cut and schaltetdie the risk of tearing and hurting from.

Each PHEASANT - Double Schrag wearing the (red dot) turning point for the identification of the cutting blade. The (red dot) turning point allows reliable distinction between the pre-and post-shave and also allows the daily change of each Raiser's 4 blade cutting blade.

instructions

Please pheasant - Durascharf as in the PHEASANT - Insert double Schrag, that cutting with 1 (red dot) About Complies turning point.

The now easily recognizable edge 2 of the after-shave.

For the following 3 shaving blade for (red dot) lay turning point, use cutting 3 for After-shave.

The next available start shaving using sequence from front!

So, the Google Translate output pretty much says what my poor wetware thought it said. Shave with the red dot side first, then the other side. Line up the number 1 edge of the blade with the red dot.

Oh, and the Durascharf is their blade trade name. The other side of the instructions is a nice ad for Fasan Durascharf Blau and Rostfrei blades. 15 and 20 cents each, respectively! I don't think we need Google to translate Blue and Rust Free, do we?:laugh:

Stan​

Hi,

And, as long as I am at it, some pix of my Fasan Red Dot DoubleSlants:

$Fasan_1_2.jpg

There are some differences between the all-plastic and the metal top cap.

$Fasan_1_2_base_top.jpg

The all-plastic was balanced with the plastic handle, but the metal top cap one was top heavy. So, I use it with a replated Gillette Bar handle, loaded with number 8 lead shot.

$Fasan_2_Bar.jpg

I also happen to have a spare Fat Tech handle, so I stuck it on the all-plastic Fasan just because I liked the look of it. :)

$Fasan_1_Gold_Tech_2.jpg

Stan

Last edited:
Thanks! That's brilliant work :)

Not only a great translation, but Quaternion photoshops the English into the picture of the original insert.
Brilliant!

Hi,
Yes. That is wicked Brilliant! :)

I posted the German text and the English translation of the instructions which came with my Red Dots in the BOSS thread some time back. But, it was just the text.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Here is my translation of the instructions for the "Red Dot"-Fasan Doubleslants:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hi,

Now, there is Brilliance! Putting it out that way. :)

In practice, I use mine backwards. The Undotted side first WTG then the Red Dot side ATG. And, I can tell that the Red Dot side does cut closer, and better, than the Undotted side. It is not a lot, not as much as the Solingen Single Slants with differential aggressiveness, think: Lutz, but it is present.

Stan

Top Bottom