What's new

Fasan DE Razor Family

I've had some of these for a little while, and wanted to continue filling out the Fasan (Pheasant) razor family. Here are some early images of some of my favorites with their provenance.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I know everyone loves Gillette razors, but the prices for the classics are so steep these days I decided to focus on some of the German classics, that are equally effective shavers and much less common among my fellow collectors.

I've recently located a Duramat provenance that helps broaden its foundation.
proxy.php

Our German friends can offer a translation of the promotion:
proxy.php

proxy.php

And even more recently I located a Fasan #107 set in its original shipper.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Along with a nice set of NOS blades. The No. 107 set is almost a total metal slant, but uses the Fasan style with Bakelite as the bottom of the head. And finally, I located another that isn't listed on the razor brochure.
proxy.php

A Bakelite long handled moustache razor in a distinctive red leather case -- never saw one of these before.
proxy.php

proxy.php

With an asymmetrical head -- straight across, and also curved. Wonder who thought up this design?
proxy.php

Great razors and they are still being discovered. Wanted to share my latest acquisitions.

Beautiful razors, congratulations. You outbid me on the 107 :)
Besides the moustache razor, I never saw the Duramat either.
I have a German plastic Dopa razor, possibly wartime, that is a full-size razor but also has one straight and one slanted side. Your Fasan is the second of similar design that I see. Showed my two Fasan's elsewhere on the Forum, and have two more in the mail.

Those are some beautiful Fasans Jake. I think I have the same razor as your 107 set but it came in the rectangular case. I also have a curious 2-piece version, which I am still looking for more info on. Here it is below. It is all metal as well except for the Bakelite base plate and is in the style of the red dot versions. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Very nice, Jake! You're quite the authority on them!

Brent, that blue Fasan is very nice...

I only have one... for now:

proxy.php
The famous (or infamous) invisible Fasan slant. Very cool. There have been a number of attractive blue and clear slants made by Fasan. Marketing experiments like the Lady Gillettes.

Those are some beautiful Fasans Jake. I think I have the same razor as your 107 set but it came in the rectangular case. I also have a curious 2-piece version, which I am still looking for more info on. Here it is below. It is all metal as well except for the Bakelite base plate and is in the style of the red dot versions. Any ideas?

Very cool. I never saw that particular 2-piece Fasan slant. I'll check on the brochure if it's listed.

IMAG1735.jpg
IMAG1740.jpg
IMAG1736.jpg
Very cool. I never saw that particular 2-piece Fasan slant. I'll check on the brochure if it's listed.

Hi jake long time, Any Word on that Two Piece asked by Cronarch ?

As i have the same one, Also i must add that the Handle Is Very Solid and the stripe handle design seems to have a paint to match the case, which is pretty Kool.

That Duramat is stunning

Thanks, it was very difficult for me to find it completely new. Sometimes the use of the initials NOS (New Old Stock) is used inappropriately, I think this razor represents one of those rare cases in which this acronym is perfectly combined with the razor.

Top Bottom