What's new

Fasan 2-piece slant

Never had this model of a 2-piece version of this fantastic and classy razor. In fact this model doesn't even show up on the Fasan sales sheet I have. I've presented a few of my other Fasan slants, but never had this one until a recent acquisition brought it to me.

Thought you might appreciate seeing how the vintage makers created twisted slants and innovative 2-piece razors. Shave is --as always -- very effective - if slightly mild.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Nice little blade bank for new and used blades. And overall a very classy classic.

Nice one Jake. These are not found too often. A while back, five were located on B&B, of which I had two. Sold one of those, but still means with yours there now are six.
Pic of a boxed one I saw identifies this as the Nr 42.
proxy.php

M

member 119848

Beautiful razor, Jake! Your photos are also very well taken.
I just took a look at your collection, with awe...
being a big fan of this design, I bought a few BOCS from PAA.
Do all Fasan perform similarly? Or are there differences in efficiency and blade feel?

Never had this model of a 2-piece version of this fantastic and classy razor. In fact this model doesn't even show up on the Fasan sales sheet I have. I've presented a few of my other Fasan slants, but never had this one until a recent acquisition brought it to me.

Thought you might appreciate seeing how the vintage makers created twisted slants and innovative 2-piece razors. Shave is --as always -- very effective - if slightly mild.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Nice little blade bank for new and used blades. And overall a very classy classic.

High class!! Congratulations!! :a14::a14::a14:

Beautiful razor, Jake! Your photos are also very well taken.
I just took a look at your collection, with awe...
being a big fan of this design, I bought a few BOCS from PAA.
Do all Fasan perform similarly? Or are there differences in efficiency and blade feel?
The Fasans are different in their efficiency for sure -- weighty ones are much more aggressive. The all Bakelite ones are fairly mild and require some finesse -- but provide very close smooth shaves. Worth trying them out.

Nice one Jake. These are not found too often. A while back, five were located on B&B, of which I had two. Sold one of those, but still means with yours there now are six.
Pic of a boxed one I saw identifies this as the Nr 42.
proxy.php
That's great Richard. Glad you've also got this variant and it's good to know the model #, whatever that means. But we can at least know they had numbers for each of the variants. At some point I'd love to share our Fasan photos on a mini-site devoted to this company and their innovations.

You could certainly sell or trade your sets -- if they are not popular in your rotation. Do you have photos?
I quit taking photos a long time ago...
I do not shave with ... I will keep those for now in the cupboard, the deeper buried the better, ha!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Another great razor, you can certainly find them. The old ones seem like works of art.

Beautifull razor Jake. From a collector stand point which fasan razors are more rare: all bachelite, Partial bachelite, or all metal? Thanks

Beautifull razor Jake. From a collector stand point which fasan razors are more rare: all bachelite, Partial bachelite, or all metal? Thanks
The most rare are the all metal Fasans. The all Bakelite ones are the most (relatively speaking) common.

Top Bottom