What's new

Farn you GEM!

So I kind of have an update on a previous post about my first shave with a GEM Micromatic.... I have used it all last week and starting into this week, and at first I was telling myself it was to learn technique....... I've become addicted I think. I have actually come to realize I love this little gem (pun intended) And now I am actively on the lookout for more... The one thing I have found is the blades I can get locally ie: Walgreens, CVS, are the GEM Blue Stars. I found out the very first day, they are not rustproof. So that was the only thing really that threw me off. Any recommendations on blades would be helpful. As far as I can tell, the Blue Stars shave pretty darn good

The one thing I have found is the blades I can get locally ie: Walgreens, CVS, are the GEM Blue Stars. I found out the very first day, they are not rustproof. So that was the only thing really that threw me off. Any recommendations on blades would be helpful. As far as I can tell, the Blue Stars shave pretty darn good

A little guide to blades I put together last year can be found HERE

I'm surprised to hear you say that Walgreens sells the Gem Blue Star, pretty much every Walgreens around sell the stainless Gem/Personna blades, and CVS usually sells their brand, which are made by ASR, the same company that makes the Blue Star blades.

Top Bottom