What's new

Farewell to Clubman

Want to try the other Pinaud scents, love Clubman. Wife likes it, which is a plus for sure. I also like that when I shave before bed and apply it, it fades only to come back when I shower in the morning.

What at I don't like is that it really dries my skin, more than Tabac or Aqua Velva Ice Blue, which my skin loves.

My wife definitely doesn't like C!ubman, but she never gets any of the drydown, just that first blast (which I freely admit is kind of potent). I wonder how many scents get the thumbs down from wives because of that? I really like Clubman myself but I don't usually use the same AS everyday so I haven't tired of it.

I get giving up on a scent that a lot of people seem to like (I'm looking at you Aqua Velva Musk), but Clubman is not one I see myself ever walking away from. I love it more from late spring to early fall than I do the other half of the year, but it still gets some love even in the cold months for me. It makes me feel like getting all slicked up to go to the speak easy and shake a leg with my best gal to the sounds of Bix and Tram. Ahh the good old days before my parents were born...

I have Clubman Original along with SR and the VEG, Bayrun and vanilla and love all of them, I did notice that after decanting them to glass they took on a slightly different scent or it seemed to, the Mrs loves all of them so I will mostlikely have these in my rotation always.

I like the aroma of Clubman, and any barbershop-style cologne or AS. However, Pinaud products do not give me the skin conditioning I want from an AS. For me, skin conditioning is king, and the scent secondary.

There are a lot of things that people love on this forum that I do not care for. However Clubman is definitely not one of those things! It's one of the few aftershaves my wife notices and comments on as soon as I leave the bathroom, we both very much love the scent. Different strokes for different folks!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like the aroma of Clubman, and any barbershop-style cologne or AS. However, Pinaud products do not give me the skin conditioning I want from an AS. For me, skin conditioning is king, and the scent secondary.

Adding a few drops of glycerin will add that "face feel" to Pinaud Clubman or any other alky-only AS or "cologne aftershave."

I keep a bottle of 4711 with glycerin added for use as an amazing aftershave. (As a cologne, 4711 lasts about five minutes!)

AA

Adding a few drops of glycerin will add that "face feel" to Pinaud Clubman or any other alky-only AS or "cologne aftershave."

I keep a bottle of 4711 with glycerin added for use as an amazing aftershave. (As a cologne, 4711 lasts about five minutes!)

AA

I do the same with some aftershaves.

I love clubman. Love. Love I'm using the word love. BUT stirling is awesome as well, in a more modern way. Clubman VIBR burns my face off and makes me want to fight the local bully at the malt shop. Stirling coniferous feels soft and soothing easy going. I find I need both on occasion.

The only time I use it is after a trip to the barbershop. My barber will typically spray some on the back of my neck after using a shavette. When I get home, I refresh it from my bottle and splash some on my face as well. But I never use it after a typical shave at home.

Joined the Friday Clubman movement a couple of years ago and still keep it up.

At first I loved it, but have moved on to less powerful offerings. I may / may not replace my current bottle when empty.

Every other day features a DR Harris, Captain's Choice, Fine, or Stirling offering.

My wife loves the scent but is usually still asleep when I leave in the morning.

I dig it. The wife likes it. Frankly, its my favorite aftershave in my small, yet hopefully growing, collection of 5 aftershave splashes.

It's great to be able to share our opinions about scents here in cyberspace. Unfortunately, it is the wife's opinion that prevails at home (lol)

I like (not love) Pinaud Clubman, but my wife really likes it and brings home the big bottle from Sally's if she sees me running low.

$IMG_1254.JPG

I used Clubman exclusively for the entire month of November. It's one of my all-time favs alongside Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva.

Top Bottom