What's new

Fans of Old Time Radio?

I am currently working an overnight stock position until I move. I wear my iPod every night and have been enjoying a lot of OTR shows. I'm particularly fond of Fibber McGee, the Great Gildersleeve, and many of the sci-fi/horror shows like X Minus One and Suspense.

Anybody else like these old shows, and if so what are your favorites?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I should try to listen to a few of those... I had a recording of Vincent Price telling a story when he visited some kind of Castle in Europe... It was a great story!

All of the shows I have are downloaded free from Itunes as podcasts. I'm guessing that many if not all of them are public domain by now.

I love Dragnet. I have the entire series somewhere. Lights Out was also a good supernatural themed show.

Luc, I believe the Vincent Price show you're talking about was from The Price Of Fear. Another great series, put out by the BBC if I recall correctly.

OTR is best listened to on an OT radio.

The most stylish set for your office or den would be the Gentleman's portable, the Zenith Trans-Oceanic. A 600 series from the late 1950's, in good working order, would run about US$100 on da Bay. They can also be used during outdoor sporting activities on your yacht or at a picnic.

proxy.php

I love Dragnet. I have the entire series somewhere. Lights Out was also a good supernatural themed show.

Luc, I believe the Vincent Price show you're talking about was from The Price Of Fear. Another great series, put out by the BBC if I recall correctly.

Both of those shows are great!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

I think it is, I should try to find it again, it was a great show! Vincent Price was great for that... Suprisingly, we didn't hear as much about the cookbooks!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've listened to some of "The Shadow" and of course "Fibber McGee and Molly" . . . and the famous closet. My wife and I have enjoyed some books on CD as well while driving on long trips. We especially enjoyed some read by Rene Auberjonois who played the shape shifter in Star Trek and also Saul Rubenick. Amazing what one can find for free at the public library.

Not to fond of OTR shows but my wife loves them she falls asleep listening to lights out, dimension X and sleep no more.

Hey, don't forget the Sherlock Holmes series. Great stuff.

We didn't have TV were I grew up till about 1954 so I used to listen to The Lone Ranger, The Shadow and The Green Hornet on the radio when the episodes were new. Would be nice to find them again just to listen occasionally.

I really enjoy listening to some of these old shows. One of my local AM stations use to play various old shows (hosted by Dick Cavett) while I was working nights. Hooray for archive.org!

Top Bottom