What's new

Fans of "Have Gun, Will Travel"

Paladin "I don't think you got a very good look at this gun while you had it. The balance is perfect. This trigger responds to a pressure of one ounce. If you look carefully in the barrel you'll see the lines of the rifling. It's a rarity in a hand weapon. This gun was handcrafted to my specifications and I rarely draw it unless I mean to use it. Would you care for a demonstration?"

I am sure that Paladin would have spared no expense for his shaving brush. It would have had to be handcrafted using of silver. It would be perfectly balanced with the finest High Mountain White Silvertip Badger hair. The badger hair would have been a gift from a nameless royal family of Europe that he once helped. Naturally, the brush would respond to a pressure of one ounce or less.

This is my vision of his shaving brush. A cheap vision! In this economy, my vision was limited to under $50. Therefore, I had to forgo the use of real silver and the expensive artistic hand carving! The High White Mountain badger was out of the question!

However, the final result is perfectly balanced, responds to a pressure of one ounce and has a 24mm Silvertip Badger knot. Would you care for a demonstration?

Wow Mark, that is an impressive homage. I used to watch Paladin a lot but I can't recall if his gune had a name (as some did, e.g., The Mare's Leg) or the name of his horse. He did dress all in black and that's unforgettable. Quite the existential character.

That is unbelievably cool. If I had a brush like that in my saddlebags, I know that I would be ready to ride from town to town, righting injustice.

I like the brush and I like the radio show. (although today it would be racist to have a Chinese man-servant named "Hey Boy"):eek:

Wow Mark, that is an impressive homage. I used to watch Paladin a lot but I can't recall if his gune had a name (as some did, e.g., The Mare's Leg) or the name of his horse. He did dress all in black and that's unforgettable. Quite the existential character.

+1 a truly impressive homage!

Nice brush! I used to watch Have Gun Will Travel way back when- I even had a Paladin cap pistol & holster that came with a few of those cool business cards! Alas, I had 3 younger brothers, and none of my childhood treasures survived.:frown:

BTW- *many* of the TV shows of the 50's-early '70's existed first as as radio programs, BUT: Have Gun Will Travel wasn't one of them. It was one of a *very* small group that existed first as a TV show, then a radio version was brought out when the TV show became popular.

Tonight is Old Time Radio shows on KTXK 91.5 FM- 3 hrs from 8-11 pm the past few weeks(OOPS! Looks like maybe 9-midnight tonight), usually 7-10 pm. Those of you at home tonight can listen on the Internet, search KTXK- I tune in on one of my Sonys or the big GE Superadio III.:wink:

Last edited:
That is impressive. I remember well Richard Boone, the Knight without armor all dressed in black. Your brush is beautiful! Well done! What an homage and tribute!!

That is impressive. I remember well Richard Boone, the Knight without armor all dressed in black. Your brush is beautiful! Well done! What an homage and tribute!!

+1 (happy 1000th post BTW).

The television series was much better than the radio version, IMO. Richard Boone had a presence that had to be seen to be fully appreciated, and it made his character that much more memorable.

Now show us what a cut-down .30-.30 lever action Rifleman brush would look like. :001_smile

<snip>

BTW- *many* of the TV shows of the 50's-early '70's existed first as as radio programs, BUT: Have Gun Will Travel wasn't one of them. It was one of a *very* small group that existed first as a TV show, then a radio version was brought out when the TV show became popular.

<snip>

I _almost_ looked the show up before saying it originally started on radio. I stand corrected!

For the OP: Forgot to mention your brush is swell. How do you store it? In a rack?

Steve

Loved the show(because of the knight on the gun) and definitely love the brush(as any decent chessplayer would!)

marty

I _almost_ looked the show up before saying it originally started on radio. I stand corrected!

For the OP: Forgot to mention your brush is swell. How do you store it? In a rack?

Steve

I can store it in a standard brush stand. It really needs some kind of black leather stand that kind of matches the leather gun holster. Maybe I will find some black leather that I can make into a stand.

Great post, the Paladin theme song has been running through my head all morning. Richard Boone was one of my favorite character actors. He made a great "bad guy" in several movies and he did well in his tv show when he finally got a chance to be the star. Thanks for the memories.

That is very cool. The show was way before my time but I loved to watch older shows. For some reason, this one was never played like Gunsmoke and The Rifleman.

Great post, the Paladin theme song has been running through my head all morning.
Heck, the last time I saw it I was probably 5 or 6 years old, but even now, as I'm driving on a long trip, the words come to me out of nowhere: "Paladin, Paladin, far far from home..." :smile:

Heck, the last time I saw it I was probably 5 or 6 years old, but even now, as I'm driving on a long trip, the words come to me out of nowhere: "Paladin, Paladin, far far from home..." :smile:

Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man.
A knight without armor in a savage land.

His fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind.
A soldier of fortune is the man called Paladin.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.​

I watched a few episodes last week online..You can find Paladin here if you'd like..Enjoy..BTW beautiful brush....

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Have-Gun---Will-Travel/97747/full-episodes;jsessionid=8863F898C992109406FE82B5CAE445C2

Top Bottom