What's new

fans of CBL

Shave#2 with CBL Money

The results were very similar to yesterday. Very good soap, excellent lather, with plenty of slick.

...however...I can't use this soap tomorrow. Due to work my schedule, I normally only get to deer hunt on Saturdays, and the lingering scent (I like soaps whose scent lingers after the shave, so not a negative except for tomorrow) would give me away to those tall, horned, woodland creatures that I'm trying to coax into going home with me.
Good luck with the hunt. I stopped going out about 5 years ago (I figured I can NOT get a deer while sitting at home l, just as easily as NOT getting one by freezing my butt off in the woods).
Did you get much snow?

Money is on deck for tomorrow. The puck is solid and has a very clean soapy scent. I've used the CBL Clubman before, which is almost a shaving cream end of the "croap" spectrum. This is not that soap. Thanks for this opportunity!

Good luck with the hunt. I stopped going out about 5 years ago (I figured I can NOT get a deer while sitting at home l, just as easily as NOT getting one by freezing my butt off in the woods).
Did you get much snow?
We didn't get any snow. Rained thru the evening time and was 25' this morning, but the ground was bare. The overnight temp is suppose to drop to 15' so it'll be a bit brisk first thing in the morning. Bring my new fangled hot seat to keep my keister warm!!

So sweet here in the South!! :thumbup1:

How much snow did you? (Think of me all roasty toasty warm ☀ while you're hunkered down in your drafty igloo!! ⛄)
TO be honest, we just have a few flakes on the ground. Being just off the ocean kept the temps above freezing most of the night. Just had a bunch of sleet just pass through.

I got my order yesterday from CBL, which included 2 Tonsorial soaps. I used the Bergamot & Lemon one this morning. The scent is not overpowering at all. It is a nice, clean smelling soap. You definitely smell the soap, with the bergamot and citris tones on it. One little problem. I had a heck of a time lathering it. It seemed like a really thirsty soap that didn't want to get slick no matter how much water I gave it.

That does not seem consistent with the reviews I've read in this thread, so what do you think I'm doing wrong here? I don't have hard water, so that is definitely not the culprit. I used a Yaqi Synbad brush with wet tips to start, if that provides any insight.

I had a heck of a time lathering it. It seemed like a really thirsty soap that didn't want to get slick no matter how much water I gave it.
I go for a yogurt consistency so I do use more water. CBL's premium soap is slicker but I don't have any issue with the puck.

Probably a bit early, but has anyone got any of the new scents? Wondering how the smokey cedar is. Currently considering grabbing something in a campfire scent and charred cedar might fit the bill. [emoji846]

I know right! I have 2 pucks in my shaving mug in the bathroom. The whole bathroom smells like warm oatmeal cookies!
As one who has been on a keto diet, that must be heavenly. I love oatmeal cookies, as long as they include raisins.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As one who has been on a keto diet, that must be heavenly. I love oatmeal cookies, as long as they include raisins.

proxy.php

If your carbo deprived this soap would be a real binge trigger. I eat plenty of carbs and it almost does it to me.

Yeah, but if she gets a whiff she will be doing that.
Nah, she is super strict about the nutrition. I keep telling her that I do keto "light." I can't complain, as she looks amazing! And I am still weigh less than I did when I retired from the military a few years ago.

Top Bottom