What's new

Fancy Shave Snaps!

Come on people let’s see your set ups! Bonus points if it’s an eye catching photogenic shot 👌🏼
Ps, yes I made the stand myself due to boredom during lockdown 😂 I rather like it though!

Attachments

• 5375D8FC-8734-4201-9C83-9B4D2D7D8CE6.jpeg
    5375D8FC-8734-4201-9C83-9B4D2D7D8CE6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looks great does that mate!!

Many thanks! The American Capitol is an Avon Spicy, the Boots & Saddle decanter is vintage Avon Wild Country, the LpL Fougere I got at the famous New York shave mecca Pasteur Drug, the brush is a $6 Maggards barber-handle-tuexedo- nothing wrong with it! and the razor's a Timeless Ti.95 OC in a Russian custom "Evgeny" handle.

So I got old, new, cheap and expensive!

AA

Many thanks! The American Capitol is an Avon Spicy, the Boots & Saddle decanter is vintage Avon Wild Country, the LpL Fougere I got at the famous New York shave mecca Pasteur Drug, the brush is a $6 Maggards barber-handle-tuexedo- nothing wrong with it! and the razor's a Timeless Ti.95 OC in a Russian custom "Evgeny" handle.

So I got old, new, cheap and expensive!

AA
Hey the way I see it is, and I live by this, it doesn’t matter what it costs, if you like it and fulfills it’s purpose then it is priceless! I realised as I typed that it makes me sound rich or whatever, I’m not, but you catch my drift!
As for the names of the gear in your photo, I have no reference to them as I’m very very new to traditional shaving! I’m rocking an Edwin jagger razor £20, Edwin jagger pure badger brush £17, and proraso soap, I’m look to expand soon but not sure sure what to get or what other brands to look into, any recommendations, don’t wanna spend £100s haha!
thanks!

Hey the way I see it is, and I live by this, it doesn’t matter what it costs, if you like it and fulfills it’s purpose then it is priceless! I realised as I typed that it makes me sound rich or whatever, I’m not, but you catch my drift!
As for the names of the gear in your photo, I have no reference to them as I’m very very new to traditional shaving! I’m rocking an Edwin jagger razor £20, Edwin jagger pure badger brush £17, and proraso soap, I’m look to expand soon but not sure sure what to get or what other brands to look into, any recommendations, don’t wanna spend £100s haha!
thanks!

I can recommend a few things. Firstly, £20 will get you the Fatip Piccolo. A nickle plated solid brass open comb razor that shaves like a fabled sword of legend and will last a life time! Depending on your shave angle you can dial this thing to shave mild, moderate or to plane the skin from your cheeks. :)

proxy.php

I don't do artsy but I do try for neat.

proxy.php

You can't go wrong with Arko shave soap sticks at £1.50 (strong soapy lemon smell) and Proraso green aftershave at £8 (fresh and masculine with slight menthol). They really do tick all the boxes for me even though I've got quite a few other options.

As shave soaps don't tend to leave a strong scent on your skin after you've finished shaving most people really try to use the ones that simply work the best to stay slick and slippery during the shave and that don't dry your skin after. AFtershave lotion is what you'll smell like once you leave the bathroom. So ask yourself what might you want to smell like for the next few hours and seek a scent close to that.

If you have any questions about any of the products in my bathroom cabinet I'm happy to try to describe the quality, perfromance and scent of them.

Top Bottom