What's new

Fall/Winter Wardrobe

741BA8E8-558D-4F95-B1C9-1E62F74A1BA2.jpeg
477EDE03-524F-4E41-A47E-1218771277AD.jpeg
Weather is already (slightly) starting to turn. Leaves are changing and dropping. Air is noticeably cooler. That means the cold weather stuff is coming out...including EDC firearms and carry rigs. The smaller J-frames and occasional mouse gun will see less work. The 1911, P220R, Hi Power, and such will start to get the daily call. Included (finally) will be my FN FNP-40. Five months is surely a long time to wait for a holster....but here it is, finally.
Any of y’all swapping carry ordnance for the winter?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Any of y’all swapping carry ordnance for the winter?

Nope, I can carry my snubbie or 1911 under a polo shirt so I don't change a thing due to weather or coats. I just may leave the grip out from under my shirt with a coat on, but then you have to take your coat off at times.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I remember seeing pictures of Massad Ayoob years ago, use a shoulder rig with coat in colder weather. I think he said his purpose for that was he could wear a longer coat past the belt line, and with a scarf around his neck and tucked in the front of the coat, allowed him to leave the top button of the coat undone, because the scarf still covered and protected the chest from exposure to the cold, yet the shoulder rig could be easily accessed.

I always thought that was a pretty cool idea.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Generally we get maybe a half dozen days of winter when the temperature plunges into the 60s. But even then it is Winter Texan time and they will all be in shorts & t-shirts. It's been about a decade or so since I wore a jacket or even long pants.

This time of year I may add an unbuttoned Guayabera or fishing shirt over my t-shirt but open carry is legal in Texas now so I don't much worry about concealing my handguns.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
97 the other day, and I had a flat tire. This weather is misery.

First day of fall is Saturday, but heat usually doesn't break here usually until 1st or 2nd week of October.

AA

Heat index has hit low 100's. I had been walking in the mornings but after the rains, the temp drifted up to about 74-75 and humidity about 95% at 6am, so passed the last couple of mornings, just miserable outside. We are finally supposed to get a break starting this weekend, and by late next week highs in low 70's

Living in the mid-west winters can be brutal. Normal dress for me is as follows. Sometimes a base layer. A wool shirt, wool vest and a heavy wool coat. Thus my daily changes from my Ruger SP 101 .357 Mag.which if I ever had to get to would be a bit of a problem. Thus I just put this NAA .380 Guardian in my coat pocket and I am good to go. Normal load Buffalo Bore 90 gr. standard pressure round.
20245846_10211551989609175_1242432975747188939_n.jpg
DSCI0426.JPG
DSCI0427.JPG

I'm starting to wonder if the weather ever will turn here in Atlanta. 92 today and my jacket remains hanging in the closet sadly. And the XDS remains in the pocket holster for the next ten days at least, assuming the weather forecast is accurate.

@Ron991 , do you feel that the .380 will adequately penetrate the potential bad guy's multiple garment layers?
I believe what I have always believe and that is shot placement is King and always will be. Now to answer your question. Dependent on conditions. In door, out door. Range of possible threat. I have seen people in the dead of winter wearing next to nothing. I just happen to hate cold weather and dress accordingly. In short yes I think this round will stop a threat.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
62 degrees this morning. The winter wardrobe is in full force until sometime this weekend.

View attachment 922569 View attachment 922570 View attachment 922571
31 degrees this morning. The winter wardrobe is in full force until sometime in April.

57 here this morning as I write this. We have had so much unusual rain this Sept & Oct that the grass is green and will need mowing again when the yard dries enough. I wish we would hurry up and get that first frost, but the way things look it may be another month.

I have lived in the deep south all my life but would prefer the cold/cool and dry to our hot/warm and humid any day.

Top Bottom