What's new

Fall Scents! What's your favorite?

New around these parts and wondering some favorite colognes for the fall/winter. Fall seems like a very introspective and peaceful season. I can visualize some cool breezes with autumn colored leaves blowing, and an occasional fireplaces billowing smoke. Trying to keep thoughts similar to this in mind when choosing. I'm about to pick up some sandalwood (guessing dyptique). Also seeing if anyone has good choices for woodsy/earthy colognes that can work for any occasion, but not too hippy.

Last edited:
Thanks for posing the question, and welcome! Lots come to mind and I am sure you will get some excellent responses. I am utterly enamoured with MPG Santal Noble these days, a soft sandalwood centered scent that is not exclusively sandalwood, but there are lots of great scents that fit your general description!

I am utterly enamoured with MPG Santal Noble these days!
Excellent fall-winter woody with charm and class to spare.
An inexpensive, more youthful woody/spice/incense for fall, that is qualitatively far above it's pricepoint, although with a drydown that is slightly too sweet, is L'Occitane's Eav Des Bavx.
Another great smooth woody/evergreen/sweet-spices scent is Hermes Rocabar....just make sure to ignore the dill in the opening.

Lots of them...
Annick Goutal SABLES
Guerlain L'INSTANT, HABIT ROUGE , HERITAGE, L'HERE BLEU, MITSOUKO....
Diptyque EAU LENTE, EAU DUELLE, L'OMBRE DANS L'EAU
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier L'EAU DES ILES
Montale BLACK AOUD, BLUE AMBER and many others of this house
Robert Piguet BANDIT and FRACAS

Last edited:
+1 for L'Occitaine Eau des Baux. Also consider Hermes Terre d'Hermes which I find Earthy with out being Hippy(ish).

Eucris, English Fern, Dunhill Blend 30, Jubilation XXV, Tam Dao are all in the mix. I'm wearing Eucris today - a nice one for a 65 degree day.

Many!

Tauer's Lonstar Memories
Juozas Statkevicius
Amouage Jubilation XXV, Tribute Attar & Epic Man
Editions de Parfums Noire Epices
Domenico Caraceni
D'Orsay's Le Dandy (vintage)
MGP's Eau des Iles & Santal Noble
Creed Royal English Leather
Santa Maria Novella Toscano

I could go on and on...

and of course, The Knize Ten

John Varvatos Vintage :thumbup1:

It has a quality blend of spices with a nice Fir Balsam note in the scent that is simply beautiful

Last edited:
I have pi that I think is nice. I bought it in college to impress a girl. I rarely use it. It is almost a keepsake now. Only wear it on very special occasions. It is like a momento!

****, that was like 8 years ago.

Despair!:glare:

L'Occitane Cade
L'Occitane Vetyver
Gucci Pour Homme
Sonoma Scent Studio's Winter Woods
SSS Ambre Noire
Creed Baie de Genievre
DRH Marlborough
CdG Hinoki
CdG Kyoto

...guess they can't all be favorites. I'll miss summer, but Autumn is the best.

Fall:

C&S Frankincense and Myrrh
C&S Cuba
Eau d' Italie Baume du Doge
Anglia Russian Water
Santa Maria Novella Golden Musk

Winter:

Montale Patchouli Leaves
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
Serge Lutens Fille en Anguilles
Serge Lutens Borneo 1834
Domenico Caraceni 1913

Geeziz, you guys really know your stuff! Where do you find all of these scents. Moreover, how do you find out ABOUT them?:001_rolle

Burberry London is one that I enjoy in cool weather. Also, on the cheaper side, Pinaud Clubman Reserve is a nice pick in my opinion.

Geeziz, you guys really know your stuff! Where do you find all of these scents. Moreover, how do you find out ABOUT them?:001_rolle

Welcome aboard, Crisp! So glad to have you participating here! Seriously, one way to find out about these scents is to keep posting questions and participating in discussions around here. Folks around here like to talk about this stuff and do not mind that similar questions may have come up in the past. (I am generally blown away by the quality of knowledge and advice from folks on this forum--besides me that is! be warned not to listen to me! I will tell you more than I know without even blinking! But I am particularly impressed by the quality of the posts in response to your inquires here!)

But you can search or simply read through past threads going back as far as 5 years as I recall. The reviews section of B&B be thin on some scents, but on others is stunningly thorough.

I think eventually we pretty much get around to every what, who, when, how, but if we don't just ask.

I warn you though, this is very addictive stuff. I do not even understand the mechanism of the addiction and on many levels it makes no sense at all to me. All I know is what I have seen and experienced! So I guess what I cam really saying is "run," " do not look back," "save yourself before it is too late!!!':biggrin1:

Creed Baie de Genievre

+1

Fall or Winter

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Bois du Portugal
Caron Pour Homme
L'Occitane Vetyver
Grey Flannel

I warn you though, this is very addictive stuff. I do not even understand the mechanism of the addiction and on many levels it makes no sense at all to me. All I know is what I have seen and experienced! So I guess what I cam really saying is "run," " do not look back," "save yourself before it is too late!!!':biggrin1:

If you want the cheapest best cologne and then get out of here before you get addicted try Old Spice. :001_smile

Top Bottom