What's new

FS Fall Purge: Rudy Vey & Simpson Brushes, RazorPlate Gillette's

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one fun hobby! I continue to refine my den for 2021 and near future retirement. Today I offer some really hard to part with items. Let's start with razors...

First up is a rarer Gillette 15mm NEW Deluxe which was re-plated recently (this year) by RazorPlate in Black Rhodium and Bright Nickel. I have included one of my pictures, but also a shot by Chris before sending to me (pictures don't do this razor justice). It shaves as beautifully as it looks. The plating alone cost me $100, but today it is being offered for $75 CONUS.
IMG_6293.jpeg

BR & WR - Finished.JPG

Next up is another RazorPlate/Gillette razor. This one is a Gillette Goodwill #160. This is probably my favorite Gillette shaving razor. I have a spare #160 top cap and baseplate, so this beauty is expendable. This one re-plated in Rose Gold and Bright Nickel. Again, I have well over $100 into this razor, but asking $75 CONUS.
IMG_6291.jpeg

Thomas (2).jpeg

On to brushes. I have 1 Simpson and 3 Rudy Vey brushes up for your consideration today. All terrific brushes

Up first is a custom Simpson Faux Tortoise 58 Best Badger that I received in the past month, has less than 6 uses and does not shed (dimensions 24/50). It is the perfect bowl lathering brush that feels great in the hand and is super soft on the face. The 50 series of Simpson brushes are so underrated! I just paid $165, asking $110 CONUS.
IMG_6285.jpeg

Next are a few Rudy Vey brushes I purchased in the past couple of months that are duplicate knots to me, but great brushes. Very limited use on each.

The following is a Faux Ivory/Rudy Vey Manchurian Fan (dimensions 24/48). The RV Manchurian is close to my ideal knot. I have this knot in another handle and a new knot incoming to pair with this exact handle, so this one is expendable. This brush could be your unicorn, it is that good. Paid $150, asking $110 CONUS.

IMG_6295.jpeg

The next up is a Rudy Vey Faux Ivory Keyhole with Muhle STF. The best synthetic brush I have ever owned and a terrific travel brush. This keyhole measures 2.25" high. 26/55 knot. $65 CONUS. Now that's a deal!

IMG_6284.jpeg

Wow, this one is really hard to part with, but the knot is just a bit too similar to a couple of my other brushes. This is a Rudy Vey AS3M Dark Knight with the Shavemac D01-3 Band. This is one luxurious knot. Dense, but oh so soft with great splay. Dimensions 26/52. Asking $110 CONUS.

IMG_6301.jpeg

TiBam handle is SOLD!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Additional pictures upon request in PM's.

Thanks,

It's Hedley

Attachments

• IMG_6294.jpeg
    IMG_6294.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
The Goodwill #160 still available. Best Gillette shaver IMO.

Really surprising the Rudy Vey Faux Ivory/Manchurian is still available. This handle is Rudy's favorite and I like it enough to have the same handle on order with another knot. Someone is going to love this brush!

Goodwill SOLD!

Last item available is the Rudy Vey Faux Ivory with Manchurian Fan. Come and get it and it will soon be your favorite brush!

IMG_6295.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom