What's new

Fall Frags -- Whatcha Wearing?

After a long, hot summer, southeastern Virginia is finally transitioning to fall and cooler weather. This signals a change in my scent rotation.

I'm looking forward to trying some new fragrances I've picked up over the course of the last few months. Some are vintage classics (Avon Black Suede and Feraud pour Homme), some are modern classics (Montblanc Individuel and MB Presence) and some are fairly new releases (Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Extreme and Michael Kors Extreme Speed).

I've already tried the two Montblancs and they are stellar. But the real surprise is MK's Extreme Speed, an excellent woody frag with impressive staying power.

So, what are you planning to wear?

This fall, I will mostly wear:

Floris Santal
Nicolai New York
Creed Royal Mayfair
CDG Monocle Hinoki
Diptyque Eau des Sens
Houbigant Fougere Royale
Antiga Barbearia do Bairro Principe Real
Antiga Barbearia do Bairro Ribeira Douro

but this is TX, so on hot days, I will always go back to my citrus/summer options.

My favorite fall fragrances are:
- V&R Spicebomb
- 1 Million Prive
- Zara Tobacco Collection

I'm Insurrection II Wild today in the mail. It' supposed to be a dead ringer for Pure Havanne so that might make my list too.

I'm Insurrection II Wild today in the mail. It' supposed to be a dead ringer for Pure Havanne so that might make my list too.

I have Insurrection II Wild. Nice scent. Don't have Pure Havane, so I can't compare. Insurrection Wild or Dark will both come out when the temps get cold.

English Leather Spiced--a woody Oriental with a touch of spice. Smelled nice in the 50 degree air yesterday morning. This cologne must be at least fifteen years old, but smells similar to modern woody/leather scents of today. I hope to find some more on eBay.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Fougeres always; but now, the warmer stuff- sandalwood, orientals, Tabac, Beaudelaire.

Aftershaves - spring/summer: blue, green. Fall/winter: brown, gold.

AA

-L'Occitane Eau Des Baux (apparently now discontinued, so will use sparingly)
-Guerlain Habit Rouge
-Caron Pour Homme
-Caron Le 3' Homme
-Caron Yatagan
-Bath and Body Works Mahogany Woods
-Miller Harris La Fumée Arabie
-Miller Harris La Fumée Intense
-Terre d'Hermes
-Banana Republic 17 Oud Mosaic
-Fragrances Of Ireland Patrick
-Aramis Devin
-Azzaro Pour Homme
-Narciso Rodriguez Bleu Noir
-CK One Shock
-English Leather
-Tabac

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nuit D’Issey Noir Argent
Black Agent by Pascal Moribito
Prada Luna Rossa Extreme
Guerlain L’Homme Ideal L’Intense
Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum Intense
Jaguar Classic Red
Nuit D’Issey Parfum
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense
John Varvatos Vintage
And a couple of others thrown in.....

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood (cologne, aftershave, shaving soap, shaving stick, bath soap, deodorant)
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather (aftershave, cologne, deodorant, shaving cream)
Geo F Trumper Eucris (cologne)

I tend to go with the woody, spicy, warm, leather type frags in the fall/winter.

LV Piper Nigrum and LV Patchouli, with some SMN Spanish Leather. And today, actually, Tauer Vetiver Dance. All of these work pretty well as cold weather scents, although I do not find myself making decisions on what scent to wear based much on the season. I am not saying it is a bad idea to do so.

For some reason that Patchouli seems just right to me these days.

Top Bottom