What's new

Falcon pipes

Hi. I am wondering what everyones thaughts on these systems are. This is something i just came aware of. I like the concept. Its not as traditional as a briar. But did see they make a international version that looks more classic. I may have to get one of these.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
GQ Tobaccos has great prices, and depending on how much you purchase more than offsets shipping from the UK.

I like mine as well. I have two. A straight shillelagh and a bent extra. Three bowls a chimney and two standard sizes. Would like a few more but not sure I would give them the love they deserve.

20181207_161625.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like mine as well. I have two. A straight shillelagh and a bent extra. Three bowls a chimney and two standard sizes. Would like a few more but not sure I would give them the love they deserve.

View attachment 945333

In the end they are just another pipe to burn some pipe leaf in :).

If all I had were Falcons I would be content and happy. I would probably have a seven day set of bowls and a few Meers too.

In the end they are just another pipe to burn some pipe leaf in :).

If all I had were Falcons I would be content and happy. I would probably have a seven day set of bowls and a few Meers too.

Same here. It certainly seems like the swiss army knife of pipes.

I want to grab the Morgan Bones one in your picture. Assuming he ever gets more in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a pretty good pipe. Wish is was a short bent one though. Get on his mailing list and he sends out a heads up for new products and restocking.

I have two Falcons and I find them to be great for short smokes. The bowls are on the small side.

It is important to use an absorbent material at the bottom of the chamber, though. The metal cools the smoke faster and forms more condensate. You can use the Falcon rings, or you can make your own (they're just a short section of pipe cleaner made into a ring).

@Ponycarman - What are the other pipes in your photo? I recognize the Bones Radiator, but not the two on the right side. They look pretty cool!

@Ponycarman - What are the other pipes in your photo? I recognize the Bones Radiator, but not the two on the right side. They look pretty cool!

They are Kirsten pipes :thumbup1:. Good smokers. I got these as estates and cleaned them up. They are aluminum and have a chamber inside. They can be a little bit more to clean but it isn't that bad. They still make them new as well.

They are Kirsten pipes :thumbup1:. Good smokers. I got these as estates and cleaned them up. They are aluminum and have a chamber inside. They can be a little bit more to clean but it isn't that bad. They still make them new as well.

Huh, now that you mention the name I remember some references to these pipes. They seem to be significantly higher quality than Falcons.

Would you consider them worth the price?

Huh, now that you mention the name I remember some references to these pipes. They seem to be significantly higher quality than Falcons.

Would you consider them worth the price?

They are well made. Haven't had a problem with falcon quality either really. If you lije system type pipes then I would say they are worth it. They smoke cool and a pretty light. Tobacco seems to taste a little different in it. I'm guessing because of the chamber. I get a similar effect with my gourd calabash. The new ones look really nice. I've been drooling over them for a while. Mine were estates and grabbed much cheaper than the new made ones. If you do look at estates keep im mind there are a few generations with some differences between them :thumbup1:.

I believe there are three generations I believe. If you can grab a second or third gen. There are o ring fittings that a tad easier to deal with and to keep the pipe clean. They also still make parts for then if anything is broken or missing.

While there is nothing wrong with the first gens if you get a nice one, they tend to be a tad more finnicky. No orings so they sealed by tight machined tolerances. If they previous owner did not keep them very well cleaned they can be seized up pretty bad. Parts are not available for them either as far as I know. Hope this helps :thumbup:

Top Bottom