What's new

Falcon Pipe Pics

I have a used falcon that needs cleaned up. I should clean it up and smoke it and see what the deal is. Maybe add a new bowl or 2 to my next order. Those Nording compasses, does the shank get hot while smoking? It sure seems like it would.

So I ordered my Twist Genoa.

5A072279-7AEF-4570-AEFE-06B87A7BEF1A.jpeg

Just in case anyone is considering either getting their first Falcon, or an additional bowl or stem, I thought I'd throw up a couple of pics which might help them get an idea of size, and how different bowls look with different stems. Sadly there doesn't appear to be much in the way of Falcon comparisons online. Don't worry so much about the tobacco pairings, that's for my benefit, as that's how I have chosen to utilise them.

The Falcon (and Nording Compass) parts I own.

Falcons assembled
The assembled pictures are GOLD! Thank you for taking the time to assemble everything.

I am not a huge bulldog fan, but it looks great on the Falcon stem. I may have to take the plunge.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
@AimlessWanderer

In the lot of pipes I got from Italy, there was a Made in England Ronson system pipe in black anodized aluminum.
It's a very similar setup to the Falcon, though there are obviously distinct design differences, including a strange stinger type draw tube and the fact that the bowls are one continuous 360 degree thread instead of the four quarter turn threads found on the Falcon.
See (not my pics) below:
140_1.jpg

140_2.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
@AimlessWanderer

In the lot of pipes I got from Italy, there was a Made in England Ronson system pipe in black anodized aluminum.
It's a very similar setup to the Falcon, though there are obviously distinct design differences, including a strange stinger type draw tube and the fact that the bowls are one continuous 360 degree thread instead of the four quarter turn threads found on the Falcon.
See (not my pics) below:
View attachment 1400184
View attachment 1400185

Wow, what an odd set up. Is the threaded section of the bowl a different material? I can imagine a single start wooden thread wearing out (or getting damaged) a lot quicker than the Falcon four start threads.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Wow, what an odd set up. Is the threaded section of the bowl a different material? I can imagine a single start wooden thread wearing out (or getting damaged) a lot quicker than the Falcon four start threads.
Nope, it's cut into the briar just like threads on any metal object. Maybe that's why they didn't take off like Falcon did. The bowl I have seems old, but the threads appear to be in fine shape.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have an old Falcon that is missing the O-ring How critical is it?
If it seats, not at all.
Put it on the pipe, put your thumb over the bowl and blow air in. If it's tight, you're good.
If it blows air out around the bowl you can get gaskets from James Barber in the UK, or wrap some teflon tape at the threaded area of the bowl.

Top Bottom