What's new

Fake shark?

I have been amazed by the Shark Platinums but I've been having a bad luck rush lately. When I buy a few tucks, they are great. When I buy 100 of the same, I get plenty of duds. Happened with the Super Chromes. I am afraid of buying a 100 pack of the Platinums and have the same fate.

Shoot, I really enjoy the Lab Blues. The 100 pack I got, most are dull on one side!!! They did not used wax dots so the blade is "dancing" inside the wrapper.
I haven’t had Andy duds all mine have been good haven’t had any issues apart from that set that is diffrent

Out of curiosity, how long does your Shark SS last? And how does it progress?

I just had my 3rd shave today with the "Made in Egypt" Shark SS blade and so far it has gotten sharper, which contradicts any online review I have read (on the non-stamped blade).
I replace my blades at 5-6 shaves on average. I would have to say regardless of which blade I use, SS or SC, they get much smoother after the first shave or two. They just cut much easier which may give the impression that they are getting sharper...

I replace my blades at 5-6 shaves on average. I would have to say regardless of which blade I use, SS or SC, they get much smoother after the first shave or two. They just cut much easier which may give the impression that they are getting sharper...
Smoother and easier to cut through hair is basically my definition of sharpness, so yeah I agree. Interesting, I could have sworn that in the past this blade dulled after the first shave already.

For me it’s still cheaper to use the blades once and toss them for me I was buying 3 packs sometimes 4.a year about 180 odd bucks a year I use my blades once and them toss and it’s still cheaper I brought 300 shark and 300 persona and still cheaper I think it total d at like 230 or something and they would last me like 4 or 5 years

I bought a pack of Shark SS blades from a vendor in Greece today, which is visually quite different from the one that I have from Razor Blades Club, but most importantly one of its blades that I tried today was extremely dull.

Razor Blades Club pack on top, today's pack down:
IMG_20200103_155458.jpgIMG_20200103_155514.jpg

Now, the pack itself contains blades that are wrapped in different wrapping paper:
IMG_20200103_155724.jpg

And also the blades themselves differ between them:
IMG_20200103_155816.jpgIMG_20200103_160358.jpg

Compared to the blades that I have from Razor Blades Club, the today's ones do not have "Made in Egypt" printed on them, and they also do not have any wax on them at all.

The shave was as if I had already used the blade 10 times before. I did 4 passes, 2 ATG, and I can still feel some stubble on my neck. Fortunately, I did not get any cuts or irritation, just a lot of tugging.

:/

Although I do see minor differences I don't think they are fakes as every Lord branded blade I've seen or used has those unique and distinct lines running along the blade edges and I think that would be hard to fake/replicate.

I imagine these are being made somewhere in China I read an news storie that there even making fake condoms as well who new I definite didn’t it there making fake blades chainsaws and condoms who knows what els is fake

Top Bottom