What's new

Fake shark?

I'd be shocked if someone is making fake Shark blades--there are definitely easier ways to make money. More likely is they are being made on old equipment that may not have the best maintenance records, leading to the poor quality control often seen with the cheaper brand blades.
See that thing is the sleeve and that packs had orange dots instead of the usual red hence why I’m thinking knock off

This is why I think one of them are fake

Attachments

• 2F248537-AD66-48AA-95ED-EA013516DD04.png
    2F248537-AD66-48AA-95ED-EA013516DD04.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 031216A6-EED9-490B-9345-BFCB23758545.png
    031216A6-EED9-490B-9345-BFCB23758545.png
    489 KB · Views: 33
See mine that I get the great shave from Are diffrent I found those to be harsher
I am very confused actually :p

My blade looks like your left one when I flip it over, the packaging has bold writing, and there are red dots in the tuck.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Here is what mine look like. The the stainless are from razor blade club and the chrome are from Mensroom barbershop and were purchased within the last month. The Stainless get the four red balls and the Chrome get four blue.

IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

Here is what mine look like. The the stainless are from razor blade club and the chrome are from Mensroom barbershop and were purchased within the last month. The Stainless get the four red balls and the Chrome get four blue.

View attachment 1041756View attachment 1041757View attachment 1041758View attachment 1041759
See that’s odd, if you see the previous post’s the other ones are orange dots the red dot ones shave great the orange one not so much.
I put them on to of each other and you can see a size difference very very small difference, I guess that’s all that is needed to change the shave,the orange ones are not as sharp also.

As to the packaging of the blades I've found they are all pretty standard in that the SS has red dots and SC have the blue dots, and the Platinums having white dots but I think where blades differ is how the actual blade is stamped, silk screened, or etched. I think this depends on what region you are in as I've seen some differences along the way.

I am an exclusive Shark user and use the SS, SC, and Platinum and have for 3 years now. All my blades were purchased in 2017 SS, 2018 SC, and 2019 Platinum and have never had any Shark blade I've used that had "Made in Egypt" marked on the blade ever. They have only had Super Stainless, Super Chrome, or Platinum marked on the actual blade itself with the exception of the Platinum blade is marked Stainless Steel under the Platinum marking. Here are a couple pic's of what I have...
Shark 1.jpg
Shark 2.jpg

FWIW I bought 50 Shark SS back in July this year. They *do* have "Made in Egypt" on the blade under the Super Stainless text. I'm confident they're true Shark blades, certainly they deliver the same good shave I've come to expect from Shark SS. They have a boldly printed wrapper (good solid red Shark logo on yellow background), and on the blade itself "Shark" is quite bold, but the "Super Stainless / Made in Egypt" text is quite faint by comparison.

That said it's looking like there could be quite a bit of variation in both print quality and text between batches of (apparently genuine) Shark SS blades, which makes visual comparison inconclusive.

Yeah, it is probably just a printing variation thing. I just noticed in a recently viewed video that the blade is as @muzichead reported, without the "Made in Egypt" text.

A Shark super stainless blade review - British Flare Tip SS

It is a pleasant guy to watch.
View attachment 1042082
I don’t think they are just printing they shave diffrent if you have a look on eBay there all over some are the red dot and some are these orange ones to me it’s just the colours are off but the blades are both stamped ss made in Egypt

I don’t think they are just printing they shave diffrent if you have a look on eBay there all over some are the red dot and some are these orange ones to me it’s just the colours are off but the blades are both stamped ss made in Egypt
You are right, I was only referring to the printing variation for the blades that perform according to the good standards of Shark SS.

I have been amazed by the Shark Platinums but I've been having a bad luck rush lately. When I buy a few tucks, they are great. When I buy 100 of the same, I get plenty of duds. Happened with the Super Chromes. I am afraid of buying a 100 pack of the Platinums and have the same fate.

Shoot, I really enjoy the Lab Blues. The 100 pack I got, most are dull on one side!!! They did not used wax dots so the blade is "dancing" inside the wrapper.

I must be one of the lucky ones as I have been through about 50-60 SC blades so far of my last 100/pk purchase and have had no duds at all...

I must be one of the lucky ones as I have been through about 50-60 SC blades so far of my last 100/pk purchase and have had no duds at all...
Out of curiosity, how long does your Shark SS last? And how does it progress?

I just had my 3rd shave today with the "Made in Egypt" Shark SS blade and so far it has gotten sharper, which contradicts any online review I have read (on the non-stamped blade).

Top Bottom