What's new

Fake Marukas

Alex you want me to spoil the suprise. It is the same stamps that steve has on his hatanaka iro. No maruka on mine.

Apparently I cannot upload the photo here anyhow. Said an error occurred that it had an unallowable extension. Are jpegs not allowed? I am having issues with this site since the upgrade with photos. Still can't post a photo in conversations. Which is really bad when you are selling something in the b/s/t section and people want more photos.
Might be worthwhile posting this in the Site Feedback so it can be looked at

Alex you want me to spoil the suprise. It is the same stamps that steve has on his hatanaka iro. No maruka on mine.

Apparently I cannot upload the photo here anyhow. Said an error occurred that it had an unallowable extension. Are jpegs not allowed? I am having issues with this site since the upgrade with photos. Still can't post a photo in conversations. Which is really bad when you are selling something in the b/s/t section and people want more photos.
This was changed slightly. Instead of using the button at the top of the text box, there is a button underneath to upload a file. You might know this already and I am telling you nothing new. But if that is the case I would definitely post on the site feedback thread.

This was changed slightly. Instead of using the button at the top of the text box, there is a button underneath to upload a file. You might know this already and I am telling you nothing new. But if that is the case I would definitely post on the site feedback thread.

Yeah that upload button that appears in the threads doesn't appear in conversations between people.

Ok apparently the photo error for uploading this pic here was only an error on my Samsung tablet, but works on my iPhone.

So Alex here is a pic of the stamps.

IMG_0083.JPG

Yeah that upload button that appears in the threads doesn't appear in conversations between people.
Ah, missed that part apparently. Glad you figured out something for the mean time. Hopefully they figure out what is creating the error on your tablet.

I just purchased a stone from this seller as well. Promised me a matched tomo for it. Being sold as a Nakayama Yake Asagi Namito Lv 5+. 138x82x30mm 802g. Was very friendly and actually steered me away from more expensive items based on what I told him my preferences were. Nobody has had anything hateful to say about this seller's stuff so should be interesting. Don't really care about the stamps tbh, he does have as many rocks unstamped as stamped but idk.

SAM_7971.JPG
SAM_7972.JPG
SAM_7973.JPG
SAM_7974.JPG
SAM_7975.JPG

I think Alex supposedly can tell. Most people can not. I know Nakayama sometimes has a dark almost burn skin with some sparkle in the sun.

One possibility is that the seller is using a second account to buy his own auction if bid doesn't go high enough. There's a seller from Eskilstuna, Sweden that I've seen sell the exact same stone three times in the pass couple of months. (Search Ebay "Razor hone natural japanese whetstone" and under filters, select 'sold items'). The stone in question is a yellow one with the opposite corners cut. The seller has a good rating so this was the only conclusion I could come to. This way the seller can encourage bidding on a low minimum price in hopes to drive up interest. If it doesn't go high enough, he buys it with another account. Just my thoughts and I could be wrong. I don't think that this type of action is sanctioned by Ebay but who knows.

One possibility is that the seller is using a second account to buy his own auction if bid doesn't go high enough. There's a seller from Eskilstuna, Sweden that I've seen sell the exact same stone three times in the pass couple of months. (Search Ebay "Razor hone natural japanese whetstone" and under filters, select 'sold items'). The stone in question is a yellow one with the opposite corners cut. The seller has a good rating so this was the only conclusion I could come to. This way the seller can encourage bidding on a low minimum price in hopes to drive up interest. If it doesn't go high enough, he buys it with another account. Just my thoughts and I could be wrong. I don't think that this type of action is sanctioned by Ebay but who knows.

I think you maybe wrong on this one. Maybe the bidder didn't pay. Seen lots of sellers where it was the same thing and they always said high bidder just didn't pay so back up it goes. Plus I have two stones and a razor from this seller in Sweden you speak of and I know which stone you are talking about. I can say this seller had a very nice stone BIN $400 for months. It finally was listed at auction starting bid $100 +$40 shipping. I got it for that price. I have watched him do the same with nice Karasu he could get two to three times what they end up selling for. Everything I have from him is top notch too. I don't think he does what you think.

It's very possible that I'm wrong and the buyers didn't pay. I'm also sure that that scenerio happens all of the time. It's just odd that this stone sold not twice but three times with the highest price being less than $75. It's a pretty nice stone for such a low price. But again, this is only my observations and thoughts, not facts and like I mentioned earlier, the seller does have a significant amount of positive feedback.

Yes I do know it sold 3 times, but I got a nicer stone from him for less than 75 so it seems less likely to me. You could always send him a message about it and see what he says.

Yes I do know it sold 3 times, but I got a nicer stone from him for less than 75 so it seems less likely to me. You could always send him a message about it and see what he says.
I'm really not interested in it enough to message the seller. I just thought that I'd point it out as an oddity that I noticed and it seemed to be inline with this thread. I only even noticed it because I bid on the stone. I saw it go back up and figured that the buyer didn't pay so I bid again. It sold. (I'm cheap so I lost). Then I saw it again. Really, it could've been for any number of reasons but I was just curious and thought I'd put it forward for discussion.

Truthfully, if you aren't proactive and set your ebay settings to auto reject ppl who have hit a threshold of non paying bidder strikes in a 6 month span you will waste much time as a seller. My bid block log is decorated like a xmas tree with ppl who were blocked because they have a problem being honorable and paying. And I never make exceptions on this when they message me... I don't have the issue as a result... It's like dating ppl who you know are cheaters, they're not changing so stay away unless you're a glutton for punishment.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
He would be racking up a lot of fees with eBay's new fee structure if he were buying it himself.

Top Bottom