What's new

Fake Gillette Wilkinson Sword ????

I have just been looking at ebay UK, item number 112166162106

This is for Gillette Wilkinson Sword Razor Blades.
One of the pictures is of an unwrapped blade and it has printed on it "A GILLETTE PRODDUCT"
The misspelling of the word "product" with a double D, PRODDUCT, makes me wonder if this is a counterfeit blade.
The style of blade advertised can be had for about 12 UK ponds for 200 blades.
Sounds to good to be true.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of these blades?
Are they genuine?

Cheers All.

These are so common there are photos everywhere of what they are supposed to look like, including from other eBay sellers. They don't look like that. I wouldn't touch these with a ten foot pole

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have no experience with these blades, but if it concerns you too much steer clear of them. There will be other bargains around.

Now that I know how to add pictures I thought you might like to see the advert photos.

GILLETTE PACK.jpg A GILLETTE PRODDUCT.jpg

These are copied from the original advert. PRODDUCT. ?

I've got a pack of the Chinese-made ones. The text is "A GILLETTE PRODUCT", no spelling error. The product image seems to be a render, so it's not necessarily counterfeit. I'd probably pick another vendor though.

As for the price, it seems like these sell for 123 INR (less than $2) for a box of 50 in India, so it's definitely one of the cheapest blades on the market. With shipping and a margin for the ebay sellers, this seems to work out to $5 to $7 per 100 blades shipped to where I'm at.

I'm currently working my way through all my samplers, but I'm hoping these rank highly for me, as they're so extremely cheap.

Last edited:
Probably a Chinese knockoff. I bought a pair of Nikes off ebay once and they were fakes from Hong Kong.

You can see the picture the OP posted is a photoshop image of a blade and not the real thing.

this is the real blades look like: note the brand centering and presence of manufacturers edge number, the 3
proxy.php

Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades are manufactured in two different plants; one in India, and one in Shanghai, China, with production of both blades for distribution in India. Based on anecdotal evidence, it appears both plants are currently producing blades. Vendors often state that they will ship whatever stock they have on hand. I queried various vendors specifically requesting Chinese made blades since I already had some Indian blades and wanted to compare. I find the Chinese blades sharper, smoother, and longer lasting compared to the Indian manufactured blades (which I like and use). See the review on refined shave dot com. Reviews of the Shanghai Wilkies by B&B members seem to be very positive too.

RBC seems to sell the Chinese made blades. A bit more costly and I have had two separate orders from them made in Shanghai.

Sorry! Razor Blade Club is an excellent vendor of blades. Shipping is free if you purchase 100 of a brand. The blades I got were not in the Saloon Pack boxes and were in 20 packs of 5 blades. I am in Ontario, Canada and usually get them in two weeks or less.

Now that I know how to add pictures I thought you might like to see the advert photos.

View attachment 972552 View attachment 972553

These are copied from the original advert. PRODDUCT. ?

I just realized that Gillette India's web site for these blades uses the picture you displayed.

So that vendor probably picked it up right off the website instead of photographing the blades they have in stock, because you now see what those blades look like and they don't look like that. I do not know why Gillette India uses that photo on their website.

So, that may or may not inform your decision as to whether you're going to be happy with this vendor, but at least we know where the photo came from.

I also have the Indian made Gillette Wilkinson's Saloon Pack. The printing on mine is also correct. The blades are good, I like to use them (one step behind Astra greens IMHO). I ordered cheaper ones in these 5 blade packs (I assume the Chinese ones) just to compare them out of curiosity.

Sorry! Razor Blade Club is an excellent vendor of blades. Shipping is free if you purchase 100 of a brand. The blades I got were not in the Saloon Pack boxes and were in 20 packs of 5 blades. I am in Ontario, Canada and usually get them in two weeks or less.

Yes, they sell the superb Chinese Gillette Super Thin made for the Thai market.

Top Bottom