What's new

Fake Gillette Sensor Excel blades ebay

I have the Polish ones and they work perfectly fine for me. I use them only on planes and in airports (w/ GFT cream samples and a travel shave brush) when necessary. I refuse not to be clean-shaven throughout my travels. Prior to 9/11, I used DEs on planes and in airports.

We never had American ones here in Europe, they were German made back in the days. Polish in the recent years. Even the Asian sold ones are Polish made currently. And I have seen now TRACII for the US are Polish. Could be Sensor Excel is currently only made in Poland.
It sure looks that way.... Wish BIC in Greece would make them , they have excellent cartridge blades.

Have you actually used Polish made ones?
Yes ... had those before I bought the Brazilian blades... Pretty sure I tried some from one other country, has China produced them ?.... For a few years in the 70's I switched from traditional razors to carts , tried many different razors and decided the Sensor was the smoothest, closet shaving and longest lasting 2 blade cart I ever used. They were American made blades at the time . I shave every other day and I could get 90 days , 45 shaves , from one cartridge .

Yes ... had those before I bought the Brazilian blades... Pretty sure I tried some from one other country, has China produced them ?.... For a few years in the 70's I switched from traditional razors to carts , tried many different razors and decided the Sensor was the smoothest, closet shaving and longest lasting 2 blade cart I ever used. They were American made blades at the time . I shave every other day and I could get 90 days , 45 shaves , from one cartridge .
The Sensor was introduced in 1990, if I’m reading this right you were using one in the 70’s?

Last edited:
The Sensor was introduced in 1990, if I’m reading this right you were using one in the 70’s?
No!.... but we had carts in the 70s and even earlier : injector blades , Wilkinson band razor , Gillette Trac 2 ( If I remember correctly my first try at a cartridge ) . Later the Atra , which worked very well for me and shaved closer than the Trac 2, and as you say, the Sensor and Excel in the early 90s which turned out to be the best cartridge razors I ever used .

No!.... but we had carts in the 70s and even earlier : injector blades , Wilkinson band razor , Gillette Trac 2 ( If I remember correctly my first try at a cartridge ) . Later the Atra , which worked very well for me and shaved closer than the Trac 2, and as you say, the Sensor and Excel in the early 90s which turned out to be the best cartridge razors I ever used .
Ok, the way you worded it sounded like you were saying you used a Sensor in the 70’s. The Wilkinson Bonded was the first cartridge razor introduced in 1970, followed by the Trac II in 1971. And yeah, I’m a big fan of all of Gillettes cartridges up to and including the Mach 3. The Wilkinson Bonded is also a great razor, very similar to an injector.

Ok, the way you worded it sounded like you were saying you used a Sensor in the 70’s. The Wilkinson Bonded was the first cartridge razor introduced in 1970, followed by the Trac II in 1971. And yeah, I’m a big fan of all of Gillettes cartridges up to and including the Mach 3. The Wilkinson Bonded is also a great razor, very similar to an injector.
You're right, the Wilkinson "Bonded" , but Gillette ( ? ) put out a razor with a sort of continuous band flexible blade , similar to a typewriter ribbon, do you remember that ?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Folks -
2 points
1. If some one is behaving in a way that you believe to be incorrect, such as using foul language and name calling - please just report the thread and don't comment on your own. Rest assured, though it takes a little time, the reported individual will be hearing from us.
2. While conversations meander, and folks take brief side tours to joke and carry on - this thread was completely and utterly derailed before the OP could even get an answer, with generic talk about preferred cart razors and when we started using them. That has nothing to do with the OP's original question about possibly counterfeit goods bought on our favorite auction site.
Derailing threads is frowned upon here as well and it's just bad manners.

When I buy on eBay one of the things I do is look for security tags or stickers on the package. Then I can take some comfort in knowing that the product was merely stolen from a warehouse, and not actually counterfeited. :001_cool:

Also, I completely doubt the claim on counterfeitreport that 80% of Gillette blades offered on eBay are fake. This source is probably of informational value, but just reading the page shows how severely compromised they are, with referral links as well as a "recommended action" that looks like it was provided verbatim by the Gillette legal department being the two most obvious tells.

Yep, the Techmatic that was introduced in the 60’s. Famous because it was used in space.
Couldn't recall the name...don't think it was popular, they pulled it fairly soon after introduction .

Attachments

• s-l1600sdcf.jpg
    s-l1600sdcf.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2f208fb05e00da59b8f9aef54dc1da80.jpg
    2f208fb05e00da59b8f9aef54dc1da80.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 6
  • Vintage_Gillette_Techmatic_Safety_Razor_With_Techmatic_Razor_Band_Cartridge,_Circa_1975_(26730...jpg
    Vintage_Gillette_Techmatic_Safety_Razor_With_Techmatic_Razor_Band_Cartridge,_Circa_1975_(26730...jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Vintage_Gillette_Techmatic_Safety_Razor_With_Adjustable_Razor_Band_Cartridge,_Made_In_USA,_Dat...jpg
    Vintage_Gillette_Techmatic_Safety_Razor_With_Adjustable_Razor_Band_Cartridge,_Made_In_USA,_Dat...jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 48053465213_a019989285_b.jpg
    48053465213_a019989285_b.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 6
  • tec.jpg
    tec.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
Folks -
2 points
1. If some one is behaving in a way that you believe to be incorrect, such as using foul language and name calling - please just report the thread and don't comment on your own. Rest assured, though it takes a little time, the reported individual will be hearing from us.
2. While conversations meander, and folks take brief side tours to joke and carry on - this thread was completely and utterly derailed before the OP could even get an answer, with generic talk about preferred cart razors and when we started using them. That has nothing to do with the OP's original question about possibly counterfeit goods bought on our favorite auction site.
Derailing threads is frowned upon here as well and it's just bad manners.
yeah, commented to the hijacker who ignored my comment and proceeded to carry on with his impolite behavior when, as that post points out, he has several other threads waffling on about the same thing.
I also reported the hijacker 2 times and got no response or no action taken hence telling him exactly what I thought of his ungracious behaviour.
I would be perfectly gentlemanly in my asking him if he would care to discuss the matter further, lmafo.

thank you for your second point, and if anyones cares, presumably not, the blades were fake. The seller was unprofessional, but a full refund was made. lesson learnt.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
yeah, commented to the hijacker who ignored my comment and proceeded to carry on with his impolite behavior when, as that post points out, he has several other threads waffling on about the same thing.
I also reported the hijacker 2 times and got no response or no action taken hence telling him exactly what I thought of his ungracious behaviour.
I would be perfectly gentlemanly in my asking him if he would care to discuss the matter further, lmafo.

thank you for your second point, and if anyones cares, presumably not, the blades were fake. The seller was unprofessional, but a full refund was made. lesson learnt.
Thanks for agreeing to the second point.
As for the first point - sometimes the wheels grind slowly here, but they grind on nonetheless.
We are all volunteers and what we do here is done between parts of our lives outside B&B.
It's not acceptable to take matters into your own hands and violate our Terms of Use because we don't act quickly enough to suit you.
Sometimes we agree with a report and take corrective action.
Sometimes we do not think action is necessary at the moment.
In any case, using unacceptable language and name calling will result in action, but probably not the action the name caller desired.

Top Bottom