What's new

Fake Baseball

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’d love to watch but I paid for MLB At Bat so I’m stuck with a blackout restriction while the Cubs play the Reds. I still can not believe considering all that’s has happened they do blackout restrictions. Fans have no option but to watch on TV Or streaming! So yeah, makes total sense to blackout some games. even during a 60 game season!!! This might be the single thing that pisses me off the most this year. So far.
Yeah, proof that owners ain't gotta be smart.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Jessica Mendoza is sucking all of the fun out of baseball with her launch angles and exit velocity. Last time I saw her she was doing some sort of trigonometric calculation of the arc of a throw to first from deep in the hole. Made me want to spit tobacco on her shoe. If she finds a way to fit the word 'asymptote' into an analysis of an instant replay I will never watch baseball again.

Anyone else creeped out by the cardboard cutouts of the fans in the seats?
I like the cutouts. It reminds me of the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover.
3344EDFD-1E97-4DF8-8629-8696EAB55576.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Cutouts or no cutouts. It’s just all around weird. Jomboy is still doing some funny breakdowns so that’s a plus.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just found this online -

Jose Altuve: 0-9, 2K, 2 LOB

George Springer: 0-5, K, 2 LOB

Alex Bregman: 0-7, 2BB, 3 LOB

That’s 0-21 against the Dodgers. Someone said hitting a baseball is hard when you don’t know what’s coming :letterk1:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just found this online -

Jose Altuve: 0-9, 2K, 2 LOB

George Springer: 0-5, K, 2 LOB

Alex Bregman: 0-7, 2BB, 3 LOB

That’s 0-21 against the Dodgers. Someone said hitting a baseball is hard when you don’t know what’s coming :letterk1:
Stealing signs is art.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I think it's more about getting the players back to the hotels quicker. Also a test bed for when fans DO return.

They're trying to save a little wear on the players, too, especially pitchers. There are very few days off over the next couple of months.

I sort of get a kick out of the cardboard fans. Things are weird, so we might as well embrace it. A friend of mine is in the Crawford Boxes, too. That's fun.

I haven't watched a game, yet, where I could hear the noise, so I can't comment on that. To be precise, I've only watched one game. I don't think I'll watch too many, anyhow. Owners, players, and MLB management all taken a lot of the wind out of my baseball sails over the last several months or so. I've about had it with them all. NFL, too. Both have demonstrated clearly that any concern they may have appeared to have for their customers was just pantomime.

I've been watching the Test series between England and West Indies, and then last night a One Day International against Ireland. All matches are being played at only two grounds, both of which have integrated hotels to create a 'bio-bubble'. It's weird with no crowd, no noise at all, but it was great to see live cricket and I realise 90% of you guys won't be fans but for those who are, it was an absorbing series. Enormous credit to the WI cricket team and administrators to be isolated for the whole of June before the series, and putting up with Manchester's weather.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This was on the Houston Astros website for cardboard fan cutouts, I guess it is real:

For a tax-deductible donation of $100, upload a smiling photo of yourself in your official Astros fan gear and we will find a seat for your cutout in the outfield seating area at Minute Maid Park. Proceeds will benefit the Astros Foundation’s ongoing efforts in the greater Houston area.

Your cutout will be authenticated as game-used by Major League Baseball. At the end of the season, you will be able to pick up your cutout and a complimentary 2019 American League Championship Series Replica Ring for each cutout purchased.

Quantities are limited and the earlier you upload your photo, the higher the likelihood we can install them at the beginning of the regular season. Don’t delay. Get your Astros Fan Cutout today.!

I'll pass.

This was on the Houston Astros website for cardboard fan cutouts, I guess it is real:

For a tax-deductible donation of $100, upload a smiling photo of yourself in your official Astros fan gear and we will find a seat for your cutout in the outfield seating area at Minute Maid Park. Proceeds will benefit the Astros Foundation’s ongoing efforts in the greater Houston area.

Your cutout will be authenticated as game-used by Major League Baseball. At the end of the season, you will be able to pick up your cutout and a complimentary 2019 American League Championship Series Replica Ring for each cutout purchased.

Quantities are limited and the earlier you upload your photo, the higher the likelihood we can install them at the beginning of the regular season. Don’t delay. Get your Astros Fan Cutout today.!

I'll pass.
It's a SCAM
I can't stand the fake fan noise they put on TV now....rather have it quiet and hear the bat hit the ball...that is Gr8.
It's the year of so many fakes....and so many people just trying to make a quick $$....

I have mixed feelings about it all.

This January I launched a new baseball thumb guard (protects against bat sting side pitches) by Spring training (version 1.0) it had made its way onto a couple MLB hands.

Now the “season” is actually underway, it’s a thrill to catch a glimpse of it on a players hand, even amongst all the weirdness.

it’s the red device on his right hand, and yeah, he just launched a dinger in this pic.
26E73909-F5FE-4718-A7A0-E801E7184F75.jpeg

Top Bottom