What's new

Fake Baseball

I found myself muting the sound to be able to watch.

Announcers were more distraction than useful.

The fake "fan track" was just too distracting.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I found myself muting the sound to be able to watch.

Announcers were more distraction than useful.

The fake "fan track" was just too distracting.

Pretty much the same here. Except I just spin up a record and mute the TV. It’s just not exciting without fans and the announcers actually being there. I don’t know for the rest of the teams but for the Cubs the announcers will be broadcasting from home during the telecast. I don‘t know why that makes a difference to me since they are rarely on TV anyway. But it just does.

The fake fan track sounds more like white noise than actual fans.

It still feels like spring training.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have mixed feelings about it all.

This January I launched a new baseball thumb guard (protects against bat sting side pitches) by Spring training (version 1.0) it had made its way onto a couple MLB hands.

Now the “season” is actually underway, it’s a thrill to catch a glimpse of it on a players hand, even amongst all the weirdness.

it’s the red device on his right hand, and yeah, he just launched a dinger in this pic.
View attachment 1134167
You’ve made the big leagues.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I finally found a way I can deal with it. I listen to the home teams audio. Much better than watching

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Why don't they try putting microphones in the sports bars? At least that way, there would be real reactions.
If that is you in your profile picture I must tell you that is one awesome picture. If it isn't you it is still an awesome picture! It captures the look of two completely opposite reactions to jumping off of an airplane.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
:pipe:Yea, it's me. Thank you for the compliment. Its the picture I show people when they ask me what I do for a living. That was over the north shore of Oahu.
I want to be you when I grow up.

Of course, in my case, growing up might be a detriment for that career choice!

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I had the Astros and Diamondbacks set to record on the DVR on the MLB channel. Turns out it was the Angels and Mariners. Fake MLB channel....auuuggggh!!!!!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Do you think that this may become a new rule after the Covid leaves?
No

OK, I hope not. BUT, it wouldn't surprise me. I can see a few rules sticking around after the COVID is gone. Like the extra innings free man on 2nd base. I can see that one sticking around. I wanna hate it because hey...that’s not baseball!! But also...hey, get this game over! Ultimately,...nah....no free man on base. You battle. That’s baseball. You play to win.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Do you think that this may become a new rule after the Covid leaves?
They’ve been talking about it but I certainly hope not.
And don’t get me started on a man at 2nd for extra inning games.

on a happier note: 1 of my buddies had his son sign with the Royals.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When Covid is over MLB will be reorganized geographically to cut down on travel. The National & American Leagues as we have known them for 120 years will be no more. Management has wanted to do this for at least a decade, and this is their chance.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The National & American Leagues as we have known them for 120 years will be no more.

The only remaining distinction between the NL and the AL is the designated hitter, and that's already going universal in 2022 (like it is this year).

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Joe Kelly suspended for 8 games? C'mon baseball is getting fake. I could go along with maybe 2 games for throwing head height, he should have brought the ball down a bit. The players have to be able to police the game.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Astros had absolutely NO PUNISHMENT AT ALL for cheating. CHEATING. Not a single person was suspended. Yet ole Joe throws at an Astro player and is out for 8 games. It really makes zero sense.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Astros had absolutely NO PUNISHMENT AT ALL for cheating. CHEATING. Not a single person was suspended. Yet ole Joe throws at an Astro player and is out for 8 games. It really makes zero sense.

Well the manager AJ Hinch and General Manger Jeff Luhnow were fired. But, In my opinion the whole 2017 champ team and players (that includes Picture Dirk Cole now with the Yankees) should have been suspended for one season. Just get it over with and move on. Really doesn't matter because basically both leagues have been suspended for the covid 19 season.

Since the beginning of baseball most and/or all teams have stolen signs...it's just part of baseball. Pointing a finger at one player or even a manager for stealing signs is hypocritical because they all do it.

I'm a hypocrite too, because I would be the first one to point my finger at the Yankees if they were up to shenanigans.

...now play ball!!!!...real ball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom