What's new

Fake Baseball

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Pete Rose was banned for life. So were the players behind the 1919 World Series fixing. Gambling, cheating, it all falls in the same boat.

Basically an entire team, players and managers, were cheating. Elaborately. Cameras, TV, buzzers, books - actual records of their cheating. Investigation proved it. Guilty. Someone had to get fired. Had to. But that being the only punishment is pathetic. Every player involved needs to get beamed with a ball. And shunned. They ain’t World Series champs. They are World Series Chumps.

Baseball is so jacked up right now it’s hard to even care about it at all. Maybe 2022 will be better. Normal.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well the manager AJ Hinch and General Manger Jeff Luhnow were fired. But, In my opinion the whole 2017 champ team and players (that includes Picture Dirk Cole now with the Yankees) should have been suspended for one season. Just get it over with and move on. Really doesn't matter because basically both leagues have been suspended for the covid 19 season.

Since the beginning of baseball most and/or all teams have stolen signs...it's just part of baseball. Pointing a finger at one player or even a manager for stealing signs is hypocritical because they all do it.

I'm a hypocrite too, because I would be the first one to point my finger at the Yankees if they were up to shenanigans.

...now play ball!!!!...real ball.

They couldn't suspend the players because all players were offered immunity for their testimony. I agree that the players should have received punishment, but the Commissioner tied his own hands with regard to that.

The problem wasn't that they were stealing signs. Yes, that has been a part of the game since the beginning, and it still is. The problem is that they were stealing signs by expressly outlawed means, specifically by electronic means (or something like that). No one gets to do that. That's the difference.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pete Rose was banned for life. So were the players behind the 1919 World Series fixing. Gambling, cheating, it all falls in the same boat.

Basically an entire team, players and managers, were cheating. Elaborately. Cameras, TV, buzzers, books - actual records of their cheating. Investigation proved it. Guilty. Someone had to get fired. Had to. But that being the only punishment is pathetic. Every player involved needs to get beamed with a ball. And shunned. They ain’t World Series champs. They are World Series Chumps.

Baseball is so jacked up right now it’s hard to even care about it at all. Maybe 2022 will be better. Normal.
7E2A33CF-8250-4AF2-A818-0DEEABE54B96.jpeg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oh well...I think I'll just start a game of go fish with the neighbors.

I'm over with sports. The world series and Superbowl mean nothing now. And the NBA is nothing I'll ever watch again.

I think I'll go play some catch in the front yard instead.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I haven’t thrown a ball around in over a decade. That used to be so fun.
Lots of fun. The brother and I broke out almost every window in our house when we were kids. I guess we sucked at throwing baseballs and footballs. Maybe we need to add some simple things back to our lives...lol.

Shout out to mom and dad.:welcoming:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’m jus going to watch The Sandlot and enjoy baseball cuz I am not enjoying this season at all.
Now AA pitchers are playing in games because they don’t have enough pitchers and these 7 inning double headers and beginning extra innings with a runner on second. It’s just too much.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is that only a rule for double headers? I thought the extra innings man on 2nd was a rule for just this year. Double header or not
?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ok, I can deal with it this year since it’s already jacked up. But a permanent rule...nahhh

I'm the one right in front of you, with the mustard down the back of my neck!

If it was the old Tiger Stadium I'd be behind a pillar. I always was.

Loved that stadium. We went when visiting cousins. It was a good classic feel. Norm Cash at 1st and Al Kaline in right.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Loved that stadium. We went when visiting cousins. It was a good classic feel. Norm Cash at 1st and Al Kaline in right.
Yeah, I still say that it should have been fixed up instead of replaced. The Illitch family was treated like royalty in Detroit. That stadium was irreplaceable. None other like it.

I remember meeting Norm Cash in a Kmart to get his autograph, lol. Mickey Stanley too. Great team back then!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was a Boston fan but I always liked it when the Tigers came to town. They always had sluggers. Bill Freehan. Dick McAuliffe. Gates Brown. Jim Northrup. Rocky Colavito. Willie Horton. And of course, #6. And in the late 60s the pitching wasn't bad. Denny McClain & Mickey Lolich, & in 68 we gave you Earl Wilson.

Top Bottom