What's new

Facts about Proraso

I would like to order/try some Proraso products.Could someone tell me firstl'y does it come in cream or soap? and is it best suited to sensitive skin.

Alan

It comes in both cream and soap. The cream also comes in two flavors - the popular green tube and the less popular red tube (wheat germ based I believe). Proraso has a bit of eucalyptus in it that is cause for some nice, bracing and cooling effects, but I don't think I would say to is going to be harsh on someone with sensitivities. If you find the green tube too strong, you can always try the red. I have never used the soap, only the green tube cream. Don't forget to also try their Pre/Post and liquid aftersahve balm. All of them are quality, very reasonably priced products.

Dennis

Proraso comes in both soap (in plastic tub) and creams (green is eucalyptus, red is wheat germ). They also have a pre-post shave cream and a liquid cream aftershave.

I personally like the soap or cream, and use the liquid cream A/S every day. I know some have mentioned the Proraso can be "too cool" in the winter, and I have only been serously wetshaving for a few months, so others will be able to comment more authoritatively from longer experience. But I like it, and it does not seem to irritate my skin at all. But as they say here, YourMileageMayVary.:wink2:

Proraso in tub is like a firm cream - softer than glycerine soap, but harder/thicker than the stuff in the tube.

get this stuff:

proxy.php

tube cream
pre/post cream
after shave liquid balm

and this, which by the way, is also very nice:

proxy.php

Proraso Shaving Cream Cup/jar

I really like the soap. It is a soft soap, which is kinda cool because you can use a knife and scoop out a very thin little sliver of soap, and mix it right in your bowl.
Cheers, DJ.

I use the Pre-Post every day as a pre-shave. I also use the ASB and have found that it is the best ASB I have ever used. I like to switch around soaps and creams to explore other scents (can you say: TABAC?) but must say that their "soap" and green tube cream perform no less than the best of any other soaps/creams I have tried. You could not go wrong with an all-Proraso regimen.

As an added bonus: you save money and time (available at Target) getting it. However, shhhhh, I would use these products if they cost twice as much and feel exactly the same about them.

Austin said:
Why order it when you can run over to your local Target and pick some up.

Well I would, but my local Target is about 4000 miles away. :lol:

Seriously it's annoying as I've checked every retailer I can find in the UK and so far I haven't found a bricks and mortar store selling Proraso close to me. Though the Gentlemans Shop which I linked above is only about 30 mins drive away from where I live, so I may take a trip there next weekend. :drool:

For my money, Proraso green in a tube can't be beat. Cheap, easy to get, easy to use, lasts a long time, and it works PERFECTLY.

Can you tell I'm a fan of Proraso?

And, yeah, a poster of that ad would look fantastic framed and hanging in my bathroom. Hmm...

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
For my money, Proraso green in a tube can't be beat. Cheap, easy to get, easy to use, lasts a long time, and it works PERFECTLY.

I have to agree. It's become my first choice cream.

Run don't walk to your nearest Proraso dealer whoever it may be. Get your self a couple of armfuls.

Webro said:
I would like to order/try some Proraso products.Could someone tell me firstl'y does it come in cream or soap? and is it best suited to sensitive skin.

Alan

I've never used the Red Proraso, but its supposedly designed for sensitive skin.

Red Proraso description:

PRORASO Sapone Da Barba, "Wheat Germ" (Red) shaving cream contains wheat germ oil and is formulated to protect and lubricate the most sensitive skin. Permits a closer and smoother shave than ever before possible for those who need or want a gentler shave.

Green tube stuff is nice. Lathers well, fresh & clean scent, and quite bracing. Might not be good for sensitive skin, but its hard to predict.

Top Bottom