What's new

Facon Razors

I've heard a lot of talk about Facon razors, but only in terms of their shavette. Seems to be a popular option for the SR community. However, I recently had Amazon suggest a Facon DE TTO. Comes with 50 blades. It has good reviews, but everything on Amazon has good reviews nowadays, so long as the company has pockets to pay for them.
Anywhow, has anyone tried this one out? Is it as good as the reviewers state? Seems like this needs to be B&B'd.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
It looks like fifteen bucks for the razor and fifty blades. I wouldn't have high expectations. If you want an inexpensive razor look into the Feather Popular or a vintage Gillette.
@Rumblebuffin - The Facon Shavette is definitely decent. A very good buy.

I took a lark on a Facon 3-piece DE razor that was an absolute joke. Horrible fit and finish. The cap was so rough that there is no way I would place it on my face. The only benefit was a handle that fits the Fatip thread.

Thought this thread was a joke, like "what Falken islands are you talk'n 'bout"?
Disappointed :(

OP, get yourself a vintage gillette. There's one at every price point from $5 to $1,000 and the best part is they're all fantastic shavers!

Interesting that the handle fits Fatip heads...I thought Fatips were the only ones that use a nonstandard thread.

I looked up the Facón TTO razor on Amazon. The description claims it's stainless steel, but at $18 USD (which includes 50 blades) I find this rather unlikely. That doesn't mean it's a bad performing razor. It's probably made in China.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Interesting that the handle fits Fatip heads...I thought Fatips were the only ones that use a nonstandard thread.

I looked up the Facón TTO razor on Amazon. The description claims it's stainless steel, but at $18 USD (which includes 50 blades) I find this rather unlikely. That doesn't mean it's a bad performing razor. It's probably made in China.
It's not an exact fit. :)

Vintage Gillettes are on my radar. This was just a suggestion from Amazon, and I was curious. That's a lot of promise for a cheap razor.

Top Bottom